- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Theater San Francisco gay travel Miami travel Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities New York City Fire Island Photos Pride Washington DC London New York Chicago party haus Las Vegas pride haus
Rosanne Cash’s “Land Of Dreams” Touts America’s Diversity, Including The Gays, For New Tourism Push
May 24, 2012
The video for Rosanne Cash’s patriotic anthem “Land of Dreams” is being used in a first-ever global ad encouraging tourists to come to the United States. But wedged in between images of sun-kissed surfers and the bustle of Times Square, there’s a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it scene featuring real-life gays Gideon Hodge and Edward Cox of New Orleans. (You can see them at about the 1:15 mark.)
“[The ad] was forward-thinking enough to include a gay couple in a very casual manner,” says Hodge. “There are wonderful gay neighborhoods in New Orleans and we were proud that this was showcased in the first ever international U.S. tourism commercial.”
Below, a local news story about the men’s involvement.