- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- PHOTOS: Check Out The Winning Pride Photo In The GayCities Challenge
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Chicago benefit haus Las Vegas Pride Miami Theater party haus San Francisco Los Angeles New York City travel London pride haus GayCities New York Fire Island Photos
Rosanne Cash’s “Land Of Dreams” Touts America’s Diversity, Including The Gays, For New Tourism Push
May 24, 2012 by GayCities
The video for Rosanne Cash’s patriotic anthem “Land of Dreams” is being used in a first-ever global ad encouraging tourists to come to the United States. But wedged in between images of sun-kissed surfers and the bustle of Times Square, there’s a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it scene featuring real-life gays Gideon Hodge and Edward Cox of New Orleans. (You can see them at about the 1:15 mark.)
“[The ad] was forward-thinking enough to include a gay couple in a very casual manner,” says Hodge. “There are wonderful gay neighborhoods in New Orleans and we were proud that this was showcased in the first ever international U.S. tourism commercial.”
Below, a local news story about the men’s involvement.