- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus Fire Island London Washington DC Chicago Marriage Equality travel pride haus New York City Jeffrey James Keyes New York GayCities Theater Pride party haus Miami Photos Las Vegas San Francisco Los Angeles
Elton John Hospitalized With “Serious Respiratory Infection,” Cancels Vegas Show
May 24, 2012
John first reported becoming ill over the weekend while performing at the Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace, according to a statement on his website:
Elton developed a serious respiratory infection last weekend while performing at The Colosseum on Sunday, May 20. This week the condition worsened, even with medication and rest, resulting in Elton being hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 23, where he remained throughout the day for extensive tests. Those tests resulted in the attending Cedars-Sinai physician recommending that Elton not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage.
The shows for May 24, May 25 and May 27 have been scuttled but the Bitch will be back.
“It feels strange not to be able to perform these ‘Million Dollar Piano’ concerts at The Colosseum,” John said. “I love performing this show and I will be thrilled when we return to The Colosseum in October to complete the eleven concerts soon to be scheduled… All I can say to the fans is sorry I can’t be with you.”