- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
- 5 Hotties Recommend The Best Places To Eat, Drink And Hang Out In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Beaches 2014
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas GayCities Washington DC pride haus Los Angeles Miami travel San Francisco Fire Island Theater New York City London Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus Marriage Equality Photos Pride party haus New York Chicago
Elton John Hospitalized With “Serious Respiratory Infection,” Cancels Vegas Show
May 24, 2012 by gaycities
John first reported becoming ill over the weekend while performing at the Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace, according to a statement on his website:
Elton developed a serious respiratory infection last weekend while performing at The Colosseum on Sunday, May 20. This week the condition worsened, even with medication and rest, resulting in Elton being hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 23, where he remained throughout the day for extensive tests. Those tests resulted in the attending Cedars-Sinai physician recommending that Elton not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage.
The shows for May 24, May 25 and May 27 have been scuttled but the Bitch will be back.
“It feels strange not to be able to perform these ‘Million Dollar Piano’ concerts at The Colosseum,” John said. “I love performing this show and I will be thrilled when we return to The Colosseum in October to complete the eleven concerts soon to be scheduled… All I can say to the fans is sorry I can’t be with you.”