- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride travel Las Vegas Theater Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Miami London San Francisco Photos Los Angeles pride haus New York City Fire Island GayCities New York Marriage Equality Chicago benefit haus Washington DC
Elton John Hospitalized With “Serious Respiratory Infection,” Cancels Vegas Show
May 24, 2012
John first reported becoming ill over the weekend while performing at the Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace, according to a statement on his website:
Elton developed a serious respiratory infection last weekend while performing at The Colosseum on Sunday, May 20. This week the condition worsened, even with medication and rest, resulting in Elton being hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 23, where he remained throughout the day for extensive tests. Those tests resulted in the attending Cedars-Sinai physician recommending that Elton not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage.
The shows for May 24, May 25 and May 27 have been scuttled but the Bitch will be back.
“It feels strange not to be able to perform these ‘Million Dollar Piano’ concerts at The Colosseum,” John said. “I love performing this show and I will be thrilled when we return to The Colosseum in October to complete the eleven concerts soon to be scheduled… All I can say to the fans is sorry I can’t be with you.”