- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride GayCities gay travel Las Vegas New York Washington DC San Francisco party haus travel Miami Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus New York City Fire Island Theater Los Angeles London Chicago Photos
Elton John Hospitalized With “Serious Respiratory Infection,” Cancels Vegas Show
May 24, 2012
John first reported becoming ill over the weekend while performing at the Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace, according to a statement on his website:
Elton developed a serious respiratory infection last weekend while performing at The Colosseum on Sunday, May 20. This week the condition worsened, even with medication and rest, resulting in Elton being hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 23, where he remained throughout the day for extensive tests. Those tests resulted in the attending Cedars-Sinai physician recommending that Elton not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage.
The shows for May 24, May 25 and May 27 have been scuttled but the Bitch will be back.
“It feels strange not to be able to perform these ‘Million Dollar Piano’ concerts at The Colosseum,” John said. “I love performing this show and I will be thrilled when we return to The Colosseum in October to complete the eleven concerts soon to be scheduled… All I can say to the fans is sorry I can’t be with you.”