- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus Los Angeles Washington DC New York Miami Las Vegas Pride Theater San Francisco party haus Chicago travel pride haus London Marriage Equality Photos New York City
PHOTOS: Urban Bear Weekend Brings NYC’s Cubs Out of Hibernation
May 08, 2012
Thousands of bears, cubs, wolves, otters and their admirers took over Manhattan this past weekend at the Fourth Annual Urban Bear Weekend, which kicked off Thursday night with DJ Damian Cote spinning at the Buddies party at Nowhere Bar. On Friday furry friends reunited and connected with local artist Erik Hanson for gallery hopping and a few slices at Artichoke Pizza. At the infamous West Village Bear Crawl, the clan invaded Julius, Ty’s, The Monster, and Rock Bar. Some hit the The Duplex to take in hilarious comedy and antics by Brad Loekle, Frank Liotti, Neil Thornton, Jackson Ross Best, and Marc Maietta at the Funny, Furry, Fierce Show.
Saturday’s debauchery included a piggy-bear blowout on the rooftop of the Eagle and a crazy Truck Stop dance party aboard the Star of Palm Beach, followed by Sunday’s Urban Bear Street Fair.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes