- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Chicago Pride pride haus GayCities Theater Photos New York gay travel Washington DC Miami party haus Fire Island Los Angeles Marriage Equality Las Vegas travel Jeffrey James Keyes London San Francisco
PHOTOS: Urban Bear Weekend Brings NYC’s Cubs Out of Hibernation
May 08, 2012
Thousands of bears, cubs, wolves, otters and their admirers took over Manhattan this past weekend at the Fourth Annual Urban Bear Weekend, which kicked off Thursday night with DJ Damian Cote spinning at the Buddies party at Nowhere Bar. On Friday furry friends reunited and connected with local artist Erik Hanson for gallery hopping and a few slices at Artichoke Pizza. At the infamous West Village Bear Crawl, the clan invaded Julius, Ty’s, The Monster, and Rock Bar. Some hit the The Duplex to take in hilarious comedy and antics by Brad Loekle, Frank Liotti, Neil Thornton, Jackson Ross Best, and Marc Maietta at the Funny, Furry, Fierce Show.
Saturday’s debauchery included a piggy-bear blowout on the rooftop of the Eagle and a crazy Truck Stop dance party aboard the Star of Palm Beach, followed by Sunday’s Urban Bear Street Fair.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes