- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus Miami London Photos travel Theater Los Angeles Las Vegas Chicago GayCities New York Fire Island Washington DC New York City pride haus Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Pride party haus
PHOTOS: Urban Bear Weekend Brings NYC’s Cubs Out of Hibernation
May 08, 2012
Thousands of bears, cubs, wolves, otters and their admirers took over Manhattan this past weekend at the Fourth Annual Urban Bear Weekend, which kicked off Thursday night with DJ Damian Cote spinning at the Buddies party at Nowhere Bar. On Friday furry friends reunited and connected with local artist Erik Hanson for gallery hopping and a few slices at Artichoke Pizza. At the infamous West Village Bear Crawl, the clan invaded Julius, Ty’s, The Monster, and Rock Bar. Some hit the The Duplex to take in hilarious comedy and antics by Brad Loekle, Frank Liotti, Neil Thornton, Jackson Ross Best, and Marc Maietta at the Funny, Furry, Fierce Show.
Saturday’s debauchery included a piggy-bear blowout on the rooftop of the Eagle and a crazy Truck Stop dance party aboard the Star of Palm Beach, followed by Sunday’s Urban Bear Street Fair.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes