- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Washington DC Chicago London Pride Fire Island Los Angeles New York City pride haus party haus San Francisco New York Marriage Equality GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes Theater gay travel Miami Photos travel
PHOTOS: Urban Bear Weekend Brings NYC’s Cubs Out of Hibernation
May 08, 2012
Thousands of bears, cubs, wolves, otters and their admirers took over Manhattan this past weekend at the Fourth Annual Urban Bear Weekend, which kicked off Thursday night with DJ Damian Cote spinning at the Buddies party at Nowhere Bar. On Friday furry friends reunited and connected with local artist Erik Hanson for gallery hopping and a few slices at Artichoke Pizza. At the infamous West Village Bear Crawl, the clan invaded Julius, Ty’s, The Monster, and Rock Bar. Some hit the The Duplex to take in hilarious comedy and antics by Brad Loekle, Frank Liotti, Neil Thornton, Jackson Ross Best, and Marc Maietta at the Funny, Furry, Fierce Show.
Saturday’s debauchery included a piggy-bear blowout on the rooftop of the Eagle and a crazy Truck Stop dance party aboard the Star of Palm Beach, followed by Sunday’s Urban Bear Street Fair.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes