- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC New York travel Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Photos New York City Pride pride haus benefit haus Fire Island London San Francisco Miami GayCities Las Vegas Theater Los Angeles party haus Chicago
PHOTOS: Urban Bear Weekend Brings NYC’s Cubs Out of Hibernation
May 08, 2012 by GayCities
Thousands of bears, cubs, wolves, otters and their admirers took over Manhattan this past weekend at the Fourth Annual Urban Bear Weekend, which kicked off Thursday night with DJ Damian Cote spinning at the Buddies party at Nowhere Bar. On Friday furry friends reunited and connected with local artist Erik Hanson for gallery hopping and a few slices at Artichoke Pizza. At the infamous West Village Bear Crawl, the clan invaded Julius, Ty’s, The Monster, and Rock Bar. Some hit the The Duplex to take in hilarious comedy and antics by Brad Loekle, Frank Liotti, Neil Thornton, Jackson Ross Best, and Marc Maietta at the Funny, Furry, Fierce Show.
Saturday’s debauchery included a piggy-bear blowout on the rooftop of the Eagle and a crazy Truck Stop dance party aboard the Star of Palm Beach, followed by Sunday’s Urban Bear Street Fair.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes