- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Jeffrey James Keyes Photos pride haus travel GayCities Pride Miami Las Vegas Chicago Theater Marriage Equality Fire Island New York City gay travel San Francisco New York Washington DC Los Angeles London
PHOTOS: Thai Boys And Friends Check Into Bangkok’s DJ Station
May 02, 2012
We’ve always wanted to visit Bangkok, Asia’s gay mecca, so when the opportunity rose, we grabbed it faster than you can say “18-hour flight.” Pretty soon we were adventuring around the neighborhoods of Silom Soi 2 and Soi 4, home to queer hotspots like Telephone, Club Cafe and DJ Station. Flash-forward a few weeks later GayCities has launched a full-fledged guide to gay-friendly destinations in Bangkok.
Although most of the gay clubs are concerned with privacy (photos have to be taken inconspicuously and without flash), we managed to capture one of the rowdiest nights at DJ Station. The young revelers seemed to be glad to be caught on camera, posing and begging for several shots. The Thai generation gap must’ve started when Lady Gaga released “Paparazzi.”
Click through for more photos from DJ Station in Bangkok
Photos: Oscar Raymundo