- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel pride haus New York City GayCities London Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Theater Washington DC Las Vegas Los Angeles Fire Island Pride San Francisco New York Photos benefit haus Marriage Equality party haus
Same-Sex Swan Couple Return To Boston Public Garden
Apr 30, 2012
BosGuy is blogging that Romeo and Juliet, the two graceful swans that frequent the pond at the Boston Public Garden, are scheduled to make their seasonal debut tomorrow. The pair made headlines in 2005 when it was discovered Romeo was actually female—giving new meaning to the phrase “Boston marriage.”
According to the zookeepers who watch over the couple in the winter months, the two swans have been nesting together for approximately 10 years so if you should find yourself in Boston, head over to the Boston Public Gardens and congratulate the city’s favorite lesbians on their longevity together.
The traditional tenth anniversary present is tin or aluminum, but we figure the girls would probably just prefer some breadcrumbs.
Photo: Marek Szczepanek