- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Photos Fire Island New York GayCities Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Theater gay travel Los Angeles Washington DC Miami party haus pride haus travel London Pride San Francisco New York City Chicago
Same-Sex Swan Couple Return To Boston Public Garden
Apr 30, 2012
BosGuy is blogging that Romeo and Juliet, the two graceful swans that frequent the pond at the Boston Public Garden, are scheduled to make their seasonal debut tomorrow. The pair made headlines in 2005 when it was discovered Romeo was actually female—giving new meaning to the phrase “Boston marriage.”
According to the zookeepers who watch over the couple in the winter months, the two swans have been nesting together for approximately 10 years so if you should find yourself in Boston, head over to the Boston Public Gardens and congratulate the city’s favorite lesbians on their longevity together.
The traditional tenth anniversary present is tin or aluminum, but we figure the girls would probably just prefer some breadcrumbs.
Photo: Marek Szczepanek