- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Photos gay travel Chicago San Francisco Las Vegas Pride Marriage Equality Fire Island pride haus New York Washington DC Miami party haus travel Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Theater London New York City
PHOTOS: Geeks OUT! Salutes Sulu With Takei Back The Night In NYC
Apr 28, 2012
On April 20, gay Star Trek fans—and those who just think out Trek star George Takei is the bees knees—gathered at the Church for All Nations in midtown Manhattan, where artwork inspired by and featuring Takei was auctioned at the first-ever Takei Back the Night. A unique tribute to Takei on his 75th birthday, the event raised funds for Geeks OUT!, a LGBT community devoted to celebrating sci-fi and pop culture’s queer characters, creators, performers and themes.
Click through for more photos from Geeks OUT! Takei Back the Night
Photos: Captain Canine