- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York GayCities travel Washington DC Chicago Pride pride haus party haus San Francisco Las Vegas Los Angeles New York City Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes Miami London Theater Photos gay travel Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: Equality California Honors Sen. Dianne Feinstein in San Francisco
Apr 18, 2012
When it comes to politicians who have stepped up in the fight for LGBT equality, Senator Dianne Feinstein (above) is at the top of the list. Her long work for the community dates back to her work alongside city supervisor Harvey Milk before his assassination and more recently sponsoring a dozen private bills blocking the deportation of bi-national couples in the state, as well as her support for the proposed Respect for Marriage Act, which would repeal DOMA.
On Saturday, Equality California (EQCA) awarded Feinstein the Equality Leadership Award at the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards at the Fairmont Hotel, hosted by actor Wilson Cruz and featuring a performance by the legendary Thelma Houston. JC Penney, which stood by spokesperson Ellen DeGeneres when One Million Moms called for a boycott, was given the 2012 Corporate Responsibility Act, while San Francisco physician Dr. Royce Lin received the inaugural State Farm Good Neighbor Award.
Click through for more photos from the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards
Photos: Misty Layne