- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Marriage Equality San Francisco Theater Photos party haus pride haus Las Vegas Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC gay travel Chicago New York GayCities Miami London Fire Island New York City Los Angeles
PHOTOS: Equality California Honors Sen. Dianne Feinstein in San Francisco
Apr 18, 2012 by GayCities
When it comes to politicians who have stepped up in the fight for LGBT equality, Senator Dianne Feinstein (above) is at the top of the list. Her long work for the community dates back to her work alongside city supervisor Harvey Milk before his assassination and more recently sponsoring a dozen private bills blocking the deportation of bi-national couples in the state, as well as her support for the proposed Respect for Marriage Act, which would repeal DOMA.
On Saturday, Equality California (EQCA) awarded Feinstein the Equality Leadership Award at the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards at the Fairmont Hotel, hosted by actor Wilson Cruz and featuring a performance by the legendary Thelma Houston. JC Penney, which stood by spokesperson Ellen DeGeneres when One Million Moms called for a boycott, was given the 2012 Corporate Responsibility Act, while San Francisco physician Dr. Royce Lin received the inaugural State Farm Good Neighbor Award.
Click through for more photos from the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards
Photos: Misty Layne