- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Photos travel Chicago party haus Fire Island Miami Marriage Equality San Francisco Las Vegas New York pride haus Washington DC Theater Jeffrey James Keyes London New York City Pride GayCities benefit haus
PHOTOS: Equality California Honors Sen. Dianne Feinstein in San Francisco
Apr 18, 2012
When it comes to politicians who have stepped up in the fight for LGBT equality, Senator Dianne Feinstein (above) is at the top of the list. Her long work for the community dates back to her work alongside city supervisor Harvey Milk before his assassination and more recently sponsoring a dozen private bills blocking the deportation of bi-national couples in the state, as well as her support for the proposed Respect for Marriage Act, which would repeal DOMA.
On Saturday, Equality California (EQCA) awarded Feinstein the Equality Leadership Award at the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards at the Fairmont Hotel, hosted by actor Wilson Cruz and featuring a performance by the legendary Thelma Houston. JC Penney, which stood by spokesperson Ellen DeGeneres when One Million Moms called for a boycott, was given the 2012 Corporate Responsibility Act, while San Francisco physician Dr. Royce Lin received the inaugural State Farm Good Neighbor Award.
Click through for more photos from the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards
Photos: Misty Layne