- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Marriage Equality Chicago Miami Las Vegas pride haus Pride Washington DC New York City Theater Fire Island travel Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles New York benefit haus GayCities London party haus San Francisco
PHOTOS: Equality California Honors Sen. Dianne Feinstein in San Francisco
Apr 18, 2012
When it comes to politicians who have stepped up in the fight for LGBT equality, Senator Dianne Feinstein (above) is at the top of the list. Her long work for the community dates back to her work alongside city supervisor Harvey Milk before his assassination and more recently sponsoring a dozen private bills blocking the deportation of bi-national couples in the state, as well as her support for the proposed Respect for Marriage Act, which would repeal DOMA.
On Saturday, Equality California (EQCA) awarded Feinstein the Equality Leadership Award at the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards at the Fairmont Hotel, hosted by actor Wilson Cruz and featuring a performance by the legendary Thelma Houston. JC Penney, which stood by spokesperson Ellen DeGeneres when One Million Moms called for a boycott, was given the 2012 Corporate Responsibility Act, while San Francisco physician Dr. Royce Lin received the inaugural State Farm Good Neighbor Award.
Click through for more photos from the 2012 San Francisco Equality Awards
Photos: Misty Layne