- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
- PHOTOS: 12 Extraordinary Kisses To Remember Valentine’s Day
- Closeted Married Men, Gay Vets, And Tap-Dancing Lesbians: 10 Juicy Winter Reading Recommendations
- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas pride haus Marriage Equality Washington DC Fire Island Pride Photos Los Angeles Chicago Miami Theater travel San Francisco New York City New York GayCities party haus London Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus
Chart-Topping Dance Diva Kristine W Overcomes Leukemia And Tours To Support Pride
Apr 13, 2012
It’s unquestionable that international recording artist Kristine W is a longtime ally. This dance diva may be best known for chart-toppers like Lovin’ You and One More Try–tracks that have been remixed by the likes of Junior Vasquez–and for her ever-changing personal style.
Many might not know that the singing/songwriting dynamo battled and overcame leukemia recently, thanks in part to the overwhelming emotional (and financial) support from her legions of gay fans.
When asked what her gay fans and Pride events mean to her, she mentioned the enormous “…positive energy,” hands down. “Everybody is connecting and it solidifies the community and makes it stronger. Especially for the younger people… who don’t always have that family support.”
After releasing a funked-up jazz album last year, Kristine is back in the studio working on new dance tracks, certain to be spun in our finer clubs this June.
But before that, the tireless entertainer is headed first to our nation’s capital to perform at the annual Cherry Blossom Parade and DC’s Town Danceboutique, then to Miami Beach to celebrate Pride with her classic and soon-to-be summer hits.
Kristine returns to the Queerty/GayCities-sponsored Swish Edition comedy & interview talk show to chat about the new album, her trips to Washington, DC and Miami’s Pride, and all about her constantly changing fashion sensibility. She called in from her recording studio in Las Vegas and the hosts felt like they were talking to an old friend.
Also up this week, the hosts hang with 80’s pop star Tiffany; discuss the faked pictures of actor Zac Efron; drool over Dave Franco’s new video PSA; and explain why gay families were en force at the White House.