- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Los Angeles Washington DC benefit haus Fire Island San Francisco GayCities London Marriage Equality New York Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Chicago travel Miami New York City pride haus Las Vegas Theater Pride
Chart-Topping Dance Diva Kristine W Overcomes Leukemia And Tours To Support Pride
Apr 13, 2012 by gaycities
It’s unquestionable that international recording artist Kristine W is a longtime ally. This dance diva may be best known for chart-toppers like Lovin’ You and One More Try–tracks that have been remixed by the likes of Junior Vasquez–and for her ever-changing personal style.
Many might not know that the singing/songwriting dynamo battled and overcame leukemia recently, thanks in part to the overwhelming emotional (and financial) support from her legions of gay fans.
When asked what her gay fans and Pride events mean to her, she mentioned the enormous “…positive energy,” hands down. “Everybody is connecting and it solidifies the community and makes it stronger. Especially for the younger people… who don’t always have that family support.”
After releasing a funked-up jazz album last year, Kristine is back in the studio working on new dance tracks, certain to be spun in our finer clubs this June.
But before that, the tireless entertainer is headed first to our nation’s capital to perform at the annual Cherry Blossom Parade and DC’s Town Danceboutique, then to Miami Beach to celebrate Pride with her classic and soon-to-be summer hits.
Kristine returns to the Queerty/GayCities-sponsored Swish Edition comedy & interview talk show to chat about the new album, her trips to Washington, DC and Miami’s Pride, and all about her constantly changing fashion sensibility. She called in from her recording studio in Las Vegas and the hosts felt like they were talking to an old friend.
Also up this week, the hosts hang with 80′s pop star Tiffany; discuss the faked pictures of actor Zac Efron; drool over Dave Franco’s new video PSA; and explain why gay families were en force at the White House.