- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Los Angeles Las Vegas gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago party haus San Francisco Theater pride haus Marriage Equality Pride London New York Photos GayCities travel Miami Fire Island Washington DC
Chart-Topping Dance Diva Kristine W Overcomes Leukemia And Tours To Support Pride
Apr 13, 2012 by GayCities
It’s unquestionable that international recording artist Kristine W is a longtime ally. This dance diva may be best known for chart-toppers like Lovin’ You and One More Try–tracks that have been remixed by the likes of Junior Vasquez–and for her ever-changing personal style.
Many might not know that the singing/songwriting dynamo battled and overcame leukemia recently, thanks in part to the overwhelming emotional (and financial) support from her legions of gay fans.
When asked what her gay fans and Pride events mean to her, she mentioned the enormous “…positive energy,” hands down. “Everybody is connecting and it solidifies the community and makes it stronger. Especially for the younger people… who don’t always have that family support.”
After releasing a funked-up jazz album last year, Kristine is back in the studio working on new dance tracks, certain to be spun in our finer clubs this June.
But before that, the tireless entertainer is headed first to our nation’s capital to perform at the annual Cherry Blossom Parade and DC’s Town Danceboutique, then to Miami Beach to celebrate Pride with her classic and soon-to-be summer hits.
Kristine returns to the Queerty/GayCities-sponsored Swish Edition comedy & interview talk show to chat about the new album, her trips to Washington, DC and Miami’s Pride, and all about her constantly changing fashion sensibility. She called in from her recording studio in Las Vegas and the hosts felt like they were talking to an old friend.
Also up this week, the hosts hang with 80′s pop star Tiffany; discuss the faked pictures of actor Zac Efron; drool over Dave Franco’s new video PSA; and explain why gay families were en force at the White House.