- An Oscar Wilde Tour Of The Metropolitan Art Museum’s Queer Hidden Treasures
- Bet You Don’t Know This About The Castro’s Fabulous New Sidewalks
- Win An Incredible Vacation To San Francisco For Pride & Much More
- Dan Savage On How To Make A Crowd-Pleasing NSFW Video
- 10 Spring Reading Recommendations For All You Sexy Book Nerds
- Brent Everett’s Real-Life “Throuple” Relationship Inspired A Romance Novel
- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Washington DC San Francisco benefit haus Las Vegas Chicago pride haus party haus New York Miami GayCities New York City Fire Island Theater Photos London Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Pride travel
Chart-Topping Dance Diva Kristine W Overcomes Leukemia And Tours To Support Pride
Apr 13, 2012
It’s unquestionable that international recording artist Kristine W is a longtime ally. This dance diva may be best known for chart-toppers like Lovin’ You and One More Try–tracks that have been remixed by the likes of Junior Vasquez–and for her ever-changing personal style.
Many might not know that the singing/songwriting dynamo battled and overcame leukemia recently, thanks in part to the overwhelming emotional (and financial) support from her legions of gay fans.
When asked what her gay fans and Pride events mean to her, she mentioned the enormous “…positive energy,” hands down. “Everybody is connecting and it solidifies the community and makes it stronger. Especially for the younger people… who don’t always have that family support.”
After releasing a funked-up jazz album last year, Kristine is back in the studio working on new dance tracks, certain to be spun in our finer clubs this June.
But before that, the tireless entertainer is headed first to our nation’s capital to perform at the annual Cherry Blossom Parade and DC’s Town Danceboutique, then to Miami Beach to celebrate Pride with her classic and soon-to-be summer hits.
Kristine returns to the Queerty/GayCities-sponsored Swish Edition comedy & interview talk show to chat about the new album, her trips to Washington, DC and Miami’s Pride, and all about her constantly changing fashion sensibility. She called in from her recording studio in Las Vegas and the hosts felt like they were talking to an old friend.
Also up this week, the hosts hang with 80’s pop star Tiffany; discuss the faked pictures of actor Zac Efron; drool over Dave Franco’s new video PSA; and explain why gay families were en force at the White House.