- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island GayCities Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Miami benefit haus Theater Chicago travel pride haus Los Angeles New York Photos Marriage Equality San Francisco Las Vegas Washington DC New York City London party haus
PHOTOS: A Front Row Seat On Opening Night At Broadway’s End of the Rainbow
Apr 06, 2012 by GayCities
Two-time Olivier Award winner Tracie Bennett (above) made her Broadway debut this week in End of the Rainbow, the Judy Garland that opened this week at the famous Belasco Theatre. The British-born Bennett portrays the American icon as she prepares for a series of concerts in London in December of 1968, just months before her tragic death. Rainbow, touted as “a non-musical with music,” sees Garland trying to revive her stalled career while struggling with her addictions and relationships with men.
Boldface names like Jennifer Tilly, Lisa Lampanelli, Debra Monk, Elaine Stritch, Joel Grey and Larry Kramer helped cheer on Bennett Monday night as she clicked her ruby red slippers alongside co-stars Michael Cumptsy, Tom Pelphrey and Jay Russell.
Click through for more red-carpet and performance photos from End of the Rainbow
Performance pictures: Carol Rosegg; Red-carpet arrivals: Jeffrey James Keyes