- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Photos Fire Island Miami gay travel Chicago New York City GayCities Los Angeles Washington DC Las Vegas Marriage Equality San Francisco Pride travel pride haus New York London party haus Jeffrey James Keyes
PHOTOS: A Front Row Seat On Opening Night At Broadway’s End of the Rainbow
Apr 06, 2012
Two-time Olivier Award winner Tracie Bennett (above) made her Broadway debut this week in End of the Rainbow, the Judy Garland that opened this week at the famous Belasco Theatre. The British-born Bennett portrays the American icon as she prepares for a series of concerts in London in December of 1968, just months before her tragic death. Rainbow, touted as “a non-musical with music,” sees Garland trying to revive her stalled career while struggling with her addictions and relationships with men.
Boldface names like Jennifer Tilly, Lisa Lampanelli, Debra Monk, Elaine Stritch, Joel Grey and Larry Kramer helped cheer on Bennett Monday night as she clicked her ruby red slippers alongside co-stars Michael Cumptsy, Tom Pelphrey and Jay Russell.
Click through for more red-carpet and performance photos from End of the Rainbow
Performance pictures: Carol Rosegg; Red-carpet arrivals: Jeffrey James Keyes