- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon Los Angeles New York San Francisco Miami Washington DC gay travel Photos Pride New York City Marriage Equality GayCities Theater Fire Island Chicago Las Vegas travel pride haus party haus Jeffrey James Keyes
PHOTOS: A Front Row Seat On Opening Night At Broadway’s End of the Rainbow
Apr 06, 2012
Two-time Olivier Award winner Tracie Bennett (above) made her Broadway debut this week in End of the Rainbow, the Judy Garland that opened this week at the famous Belasco Theatre. The British-born Bennett portrays the American icon as she prepares for a series of concerts in London in December of 1968, just months before her tragic death. Rainbow, touted as “a non-musical with music,” sees Garland trying to revive her stalled career while struggling with her addictions and relationships with men.
Boldface names like Jennifer Tilly, Lisa Lampanelli, Debra Monk, Elaine Stritch, Joel Grey and Larry Kramer helped cheer on Bennett Monday night as she clicked her ruby red slippers alongside co-stars Michael Cumptsy, Tom Pelphrey and Jay Russell.
Click through for more red-carpet and performance photos from End of the Rainbow
Performance pictures: Carol Rosegg; Red-carpet arrivals: Jeffrey James Keyes