- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Pride Washington DC San Francisco Marriage Equality New York City London party haus benefit haus travel Fire Island Miami Los Angeles GayCities Las Vegas pride haus Chicago New York Jeffrey James Keyes Theater
PHOTOS: A Front Row Seat On Opening Night At Broadway’s End of the Rainbow
Apr 06, 2012
Two-time Olivier Award winner Tracie Bennett (above) made her Broadway debut this week in End of the Rainbow, the Judy Garland that opened this week at the famous Belasco Theatre. The British-born Bennett portrays the American icon as she prepares for a series of concerts in London in December of 1968, just months before her tragic death. Rainbow, touted as “a non-musical with music,” sees Garland trying to revive her stalled career while struggling with her addictions and relationships with men.
Boldface names like Jennifer Tilly, Lisa Lampanelli, Debra Monk, Elaine Stritch, Joel Grey and Larry Kramer helped cheer on Bennett Monday night as she clicked her ruby red slippers alongside co-stars Michael Cumptsy, Tom Pelphrey and Jay Russell.
Click through for more red-carpet and performance photos from End of the Rainbow
Performance pictures: Carol Rosegg; Red-carpet arrivals: Jeffrey James Keyes