- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco New York City pride haus GayCities gay travel Chicago party haus Miami Washington DC travel Marriage Equality Los Angeles New York Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Photos Las Vegas Fire Island Pride London
EXCLUSIVE: Johnny Weir, Now An “Old Married Man,” Flashes Major Bling, Wants To Lose 3 Pounds
Mar 27, 2012
The always-flamboyant Johnny Weir and his new husband Victor Voronov made an appearance at the 2012 GLAAD Media Awards, where they showed off some new rings. While Johnny’s was flashy and huge, Victor’s was more muted.
“I’m a loud-mouthed figure skater who wears sparkles, he is an attorney,” Johnny told us. “So there’s a different level of conservatism.”
He also told us they’re not “a part of the scene… We don’t do the gay clubs,” adding, “I’m youngish, but I’m an old married man now.”
Though they tied the knot in a small civil ceremony earlier this year, Johnny is still planning a bigger ceremony down the road. “My vision is just a room of people who love us, and that we love… and Lady Gaga dancing on a piano, Sarah Jessica Parker doing a speech—whatever gorgeousness we can have, we’ll have.”
On getting ready for the 2014 Olympics, the skinny Mr. Weir says: “I’m losing my weight slowly but surely… I’ve got three pounds more to go. Then I’ll be at fighting weight.”