- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel New York City Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes New York Marriage Equality Miami San Francisco Fire Island pride haus party haus London GayCities Photos Los Angeles benefit haus Las Vegas Pride Theater Washington DC
EXCLUSIVE: Johnny Weir, Now An “Old Married Man,” Flashes Major Bling, Wants To Lose 3 Pounds
Mar 27, 2012 by GayCities
The always-flamboyant Johnny Weir and his new husband Victor Voronov made an appearance at the 2012 GLAAD Media Awards, where they showed off some new rings. While Johnny’s was flashy and huge, Victor’s was more muted.
“I’m a loud-mouthed figure skater who wears sparkles, he is an attorney,” Johnny told us. “So there’s a different level of conservatism.”
He also told us they’re not “a part of the scene… We don’t do the gay clubs,” adding, “I’m youngish, but I’m an old married man now.”
Though they tied the knot in a small civil ceremony earlier this year, Johnny is still planning a bigger ceremony down the road. “My vision is just a room of people who love us, and that we love… and Lady Gaga dancing on a piano, Sarah Jessica Parker doing a speech—whatever gorgeousness we can have, we’ll have.”
On getting ready for the 2014 Olympics, the skinny Mr. Weir says: “I’m losing my weight slowly but surely… I’ve got three pounds more to go. Then I’ll be at fighting weight.”