- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities New York Jeffrey James Keyes Miami San Francisco benefit haus pride haus Fire Island Los Angeles London Pride Marriage Equality New York City Chicago party haus travel Washington DC Photos Theater Las Vegas
PHOTOS: Naya Rivera, Cory Monteith And Famous Friends Hit GLAAD Media Awards Red Carpet
Mar 25, 2012
Rivera and Monteith dipped onto the red carpet to take photos, but didn’t walk down the press line.
Luckily for you, we went to the wrong floor for the dinner and caught sight of Rivera, who plays lesbian character Santana on the hit TV show.
Queerty asked her what she thought of fans who called her coming-out episode “offensive,” what with its somewhat obvious use of “I Kissed A Girl” and “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” as coquettish interludes.
“Storylines are storylines,” she said. “I had fun doing it. I didn’t see anything offensive about it.”
While it’s true that Ryan Murphy controls the storylines, and ought to be in the aim of offended parties, she could’ve maybe protested to the Murphs—although as a 25-year-old up-and-coming actress she probably doesn’t have enough clout for that.
Check out all our video interviews from the red carpet, and stay tuned for more coverage tomorrow.
Click through for photos of her co-star Cory Monteith, and check out what the rest of the stars, from Dakota Fanning to to the Jersey Shore‘s Vinny Guadagnino to Wendy Williams, wore.
Photos by Wilsonmodels