- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel travel pride haus Los Angeles Las Vegas Marriage Equality Fire Island Washington DC London Theater New York City GayCities Pride San Francisco Photos Miami Chicago New York
The Guys Take Their Turn At The New York Boylesque Festival
Mar 08, 2012
If you remember Queerty writer John Russell’s series on his experiences taking boylesque classes, then you know we have a soft spot for the art form (okay, maybe not that soft).
So we’ll definitely be checking out the first annual New York Boylesque Festival, kicking off April 27 at Tammany Hall in the East Village. Jen Gapay, the seductive siren behind The New York Burlesque Festival, has teamed up former Playgirl marketing guru (and queer-nightlife impresario) Daniel Nardicio for two nights offering 30 amazing boylesque performers from across North America, including New York’s Evil Hate Monkey, Go-Go Harder, Jonny Porkpie, and Manchego; Wrong Note Rusty, Mahogany Storm and James & The Giant Pastie of Toronto; Hot Toddy of Chicago (above) and the original King of Boylesque, Tigger!
Start saving up those singles, boys—you’re gonna wanna make it rain!
Get complete ticket and venue information here.