- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes London GayCities Washington DC New York City benefit haus Marriage Equality Fire Island San Francisco New York travel Pride Theater Los Angeles party haus Photos pride haus Miami Chicago
WATCH: Is Hockey Overtaking Baseball As The Most Gay-Friendly Pro Sport In The Nation?
Mar 05, 2012
While Tim Tebow’s Denver Broncos are a little bit behind the curve, the NHL is quickly making strides to catch up to the MLB in terms of a pro-gay attitude.
The ad spot above, produced by Philadelphia Flyers scout Patrick Burke and brought to our attention by OutSports, premiered last night during the New York Rangers-Boston Bruins game.
Patrick is the brother of Brendan Burke, an openly gay men’s manager for Ohio’s Miami University hockey team. Brendan passed away tragically in a February 2010 car crash.
So, kudos to you, Patrick, and kudos to the players who were brave enough to appear in your video (among them, hunkalicious New York Ranger Henrik Lundqvist (right) and Philadelphia Flyer Claude Giroux).
We’d like to add that, while we don’t want to make light of this very appreciated effort, we do have to say the line, “if you can shoot, you can shoot” made us chuckle a little bit.