- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Chicago Miami Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes travel gay travel San Francisco Pride Washington DC pride haus Photos Marriage Equality London GayCities New York Theater party haus Las Vegas Los Angeles
WATCH: Is Hockey Overtaking Baseball As The Most Gay-Friendly Pro Sport In The Nation?
Mar 05, 2012 by GayCities
While Tim Tebow’s Denver Broncos are a little bit behind the curve, the NHL is quickly making strides to catch up to the MLB in terms of a pro-gay attitude.
The ad spot above, produced by Philadelphia Flyers scout Patrick Burke and brought to our attention by OutSports, premiered last night during the New York Rangers-Boston Bruins game.
Patrick is the brother of Brendan Burke, an openly gay men’s manager for Ohio’s Miami University hockey team. Brendan passed away tragically in a February 2010 car crash.
So, kudos to you, Patrick, and kudos to the players who were brave enough to appear in your video (among them, hunkalicious New York Ranger Henrik Lundqvist (right) and Philadelphia Flyer Claude Giroux).
We’d like to add that, while we don’t want to make light of this very appreciated effort, we do have to say the line, “if you can shoot, you can shoot” made us chuckle a little bit.