- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus London pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Las Vegas New York City travel Fire Island Washington DC Pride San Francisco Photos party haus Los Angeles Marriage Equality GayCities New York Chicago Miami
PHOTOS: Palm Springs Cocktail Challenge Hits Industry In NYC
Mar 04, 2012
Palm Springs is touting its reputation as a go-to gay destination with a new nationwide contest that looks to find the best gay-bar drink slingers in America.
Sponsored by the city of Palm Springs, Here! Media, Alaska Airlines, Stoli vodka and GayCities, the 3rd Annual Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge kicked off last Thursday (a.k.a Leap Day) at Industry in New York City. (The finalists from all the regional competitions go head to head in Plam Springs on May 31.)
GayCities chose Hells Kitchen darling, Paige Turner (left)—the popular hostess of Slurp every Sunday at Vlada—as its representative on the panel, where she was joined by drag vixen Tina Burner and Edge Media’s J.T. Alvarez.
Barracuda‘s handsome bartender Brent Heuser won the night with a Stoli Blueberry cocktail that truly wowed the judges—though his ice-blue Terminator costume and sick rapping skills really pushed him over the top.
Sadly, emcee Dallas DuBois, who was enjoying the contestants’ concoctions, had to pass Brent’s drink off to a audience member—she’s allergic to berries! A drag queen turn away a free drink? Isn’t that the first sign of the Apocalypse?
But it’s not just bartenders heading to the gorgeous California oasis: GayCities is giving away roundtrip airfare for two on Alaska Airlines andr a four-day/three-night stay at the Riviera Palm Springs.
To enter, just submit a photo from your local Cocktail Challenge on the Gaycities contest page. One lucky winner will be heading to the Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge!
Photos via J.J. Keyes