- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
- PHOTOS: HBO’s Looking Takes A Bite Of The Big Apple
- And The Winners Are…
- PHOTOS: Hot Jocks Drop Trou For The Ali Forney Center
- Find Summer Lovin’ All Year Round On Los Angeles Beaches
- After the Ball Dropped: New Yorkers Get Into 2015
- PHOTOS: Kisses, Tears And Laughter At Florida’s First Gay Weddings
- Florida Homophobes Sulk In Shadows As Marriages Commence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater San Francisco Pride party haus Photos London New York Los Angeles Chicago Miami Fire Island benefit haus Marriage Equality New York City travel Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities pride haus Washington DC Las Vegas
PHOTOS: Palm Springs Cocktail Challenge Hits Industry In NYC
Mar 04, 2012
Palm Springs is touting its reputation as a go-to gay destination with a new nationwide contest that looks to find the best gay-bar drink slingers in America.
Sponsored by the city of Palm Springs, Here! Media, Alaska Airlines, Stoli vodka and GayCities, the 3rd Annual Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge kicked off last Thursday (a.k.a Leap Day) at Industry in New York City. (The finalists from all the regional competitions go head to head in Plam Springs on May 31.)
GayCities chose Hells Kitchen darling, Paige Turner (left)—the popular hostess of Slurp every Sunday at Vlada—as its representative on the panel, where she was joined by drag vixen Tina Burner and Edge Media’s J.T. Alvarez.
Barracuda‘s handsome bartender Brent Heuser won the night with a Stoli Blueberry cocktail that truly wowed the judges—though his ice-blue Terminator costume and sick rapping skills really pushed him over the top.
Sadly, emcee Dallas DuBois, who was enjoying the contestants’ concoctions, had to pass Brent’s drink off to a audience member—she’s allergic to berries! A drag queen turn away a free drink? Isn’t that the first sign of the Apocalypse?
But it’s not just bartenders heading to the gorgeous California oasis: GayCities is giving away roundtrip airfare for two on Alaska Airlines andr a four-day/three-night stay at the Riviera Palm Springs.
To enter, just submit a photo from your local Cocktail Challenge on the Gaycities contest page. One lucky winner will be heading to the Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge!
Photos via J.J. Keyes