- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Pride Marriage Equality Photos Fire Island San Francisco London Miami GayCities Theater Las Vegas travel Jeffrey James Keyes party haus New York City Los Angeles Washington DC Chicago New York benefit haus
PHOTOS: Palm Springs Cocktail Challenge Hits Industry In NYC
Mar 04, 2012
Palm Springs is touting its reputation as a go-to gay destination with a new nationwide contest that looks to find the best gay-bar drink slingers in America.
Sponsored by the city of Palm Springs, Here! Media, Alaska Airlines, Stoli vodka and GayCities, the 3rd Annual Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge kicked off last Thursday (a.k.a Leap Day) at Industry in New York City. (The finalists from all the regional competitions go head to head in Plam Springs on May 31.)
GayCities chose Hells Kitchen darling, Paige Turner (left)—the popular hostess of Slurp every Sunday at Vlada—as its representative on the panel, where she was joined by drag vixen Tina Burner and Edge Media’s J.T. Alvarez.
Barracuda‘s handsome bartender Brent Heuser won the night with a Stoli Blueberry cocktail that truly wowed the judges—though his ice-blue Terminator costume and sick rapping skills really pushed him over the top.
Sadly, emcee Dallas DuBois, who was enjoying the contestants’ concoctions, had to pass Brent’s drink off to a audience member—she’s allergic to berries! A drag queen turn away a free drink? Isn’t that the first sign of the Apocalypse?
But it’s not just bartenders heading to the gorgeous California oasis: GayCities is giving away roundtrip airfare for two on Alaska Airlines andr a four-day/three-night stay at the Riviera Palm Springs.
To enter, just submit a photo from your local Cocktail Challenge on the Gaycities contest page. One lucky winner will be heading to the Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge!
Photos via J.J. Keyes