- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC pride haus New York City San Francisco Fire Island Theater gay travel Los Angeles Chicago travel New York Photos Marriage Equality London party haus GayCities Miami Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Pride
Johnny Weir Rocks A Huge Fur Coat, Shiny Gold Blazer And New Cruella-Inspired Hair
Feb 14, 2012 by GayCities
Out Olympic ice skater Johnny Weir attended alice + olivia’s New York Fashion Week presentation last night, wearing a giant fur coat, a leopard-print-style gold glittery blazer and a totally new hairstyle.
Of the new coif, he told us: “It’s inspired for Cruella DeVille, for a press conference.” That would the press conference announcing his return to ice-skating competition, including attempting to make the 2014 winter Olympics.
He also told reporters that he’s planning a bigger official wedding ceremony with new husband Victor Voronov, whom he married in a small civil ceremony just over a month ago. He joked (or maybe he was serious? one never knows with Johnny Weir) that he wants Lady Gaga to officiate the big event, which is to be pushed back to winter instead of a summer ceremony. If Gaga couldn’t do it, he said he’d settle for Sarah Jessica Parker.
He also said he might do a special skating performance for the wedding. Sounds pretty fab to us!
Click through for more pictures of Johnny’s over-the-top outfit!