- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York Los Angeles Fire Island Las Vegas Photos travel gay travel Theater Marriage Equality New York City Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Chicago pride haus Pride San Francisco Washington DC London GayCities Miami
Kristin Chenoweth: Dolly Parton Wants Me To Get A Boob Job To Play Her On Broadway
Feb 13, 2012 by GayCities
Have you heard Dolly Parton’s writing a new Broadway musical about her life? And she wants fellow Good Christian belter Kristin Chenoweth to play her in it!
Queerty ran into Kristin at a Diet Pepsi event for Fashion Week, where the Good Christian Belles star said she’d love to play Dolly but lamented that she’s “lacking a couple of things.” A subtle showcase of her modest cleavage let us know she was talking about Dolly’s legendary knockers.
“But I can take care of that,” the pint-sized star laughed. “For Dolly!”
When we asked if she’d stuff or opt for something more, um, permanent, Chenoweth said: “Dolly’s writing the show, and she said she wants me to play her. But she said that maybe I do need to go get some help on Park and
Obviously the only Dolly-approved place to get a boob job would be on the Upper East Side.
Update: Thanks to the commenters who pointed out that Chenoweth is making a sly reference to a lyric in A Chorus Line.
It goes: “It’s a gas / Just a dash of silicone / Shake your new maracas and you’re fune / Tits and ass can change your life / They sure changed mine”
And continues, later on: “Honey, take my word / Grab a cab, c’mon / See the wizard on / Park and 73rd for / Tits and ass.” Skip ahead to 5:35 in this video for it:
GCB premieres March 4 at 10pm on ABC. Photo via Kristin Dos Santos.