- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
- The Queens Fought Back And Won. Now The Stonewall Inn Wins Historic Landmark Designation
- Nick Adams, Laverne Cox, Bianca Del Rio Celebrate The Top Bottoms Of Broadway Bares
- Five Things We Love About New York Pride
- PHOTOS: Decades Of Pride In Amazing Images
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Nude Beaches, 2015 Edition
- Five Amazing Off The Beaten Path Prides To Check Out
- Eat Your Heart Out Mark Twain: San Francisco Is Set For Another Glorious Summer
- Five Things To Know About Ariana Grande Before Her NYC Pride Performance
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Gay Beaches 2015
- Ian Reisner’s Fire Island Business Suffers Aerial Assault
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island benefit haus Chicago Theater New York Pride pride haus Los Angeles Miami Photos London Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco New York City party haus travel Marriage Equality GayCities Las Vegas
Kristin Chenoweth: Dolly Parton Wants Me To Get A Boob Job To Play Her On Broadway
Feb 13, 2012
Have you heard Dolly Parton’s writing a new Broadway musical about her life? And she wants fellow Good Christian belter Kristin Chenoweth to play her in it!
Queerty ran into Kristin at a Diet Pepsi event for Fashion Week, where the Good Christian Belles star said she’d love to play Dolly but lamented that she’s “lacking a couple of things.” A subtle showcase of her modest cleavage let us know she was talking about Dolly’s legendary knockers.
“But I can take care of that,” the pint-sized star laughed. “For Dolly!”
When we asked if she’d stuff or opt for something more, um, permanent, Chenoweth said: “Dolly’s writing the show, and she said she wants me to play her. But she said that maybe I do need to go get some help on Park and
Obviously the only Dolly-approved place to get a boob job would be on the Upper East Side.
Update: Thanks to the commenters who pointed out that Chenoweth is making a sly reference to a lyric in A Chorus Line.
It goes: “It’s a gas / Just a dash of silicone / Shake your new maracas and you’re fune / Tits and ass can change your life / They sure changed mine”
And continues, later on: “Honey, take my word / Grab a cab, c’mon / See the wizard on / Park and 73rd for / Tits and ass.” Skip ahead to 5:35 in this video for it:
GCB premieres March 4 at 10pm on ABC. Photo via Kristin Dos Santos.