- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Washington DC Chicago San Francisco Miami New York City Fire Island Theater London Los Angeles party haus pride haus Pride Marriage Equality travel New York gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Photos
Going GaGa: Gay New Year’s Eve destinations 2010
Nov 30, 2009
Los Angeles: Masterbeat X – For its 10th anniversary, Masterbeat is pulling out all the stops to make sure this is a New Year’s to remember at the Mayan Theater. It features DJs Ralphi Rosario and Abel. If you’re under 21 and looking to party, try heading to Tigerheat. There are no special events announced, but the boys are sure to be out in droves. (UPDATE: Tigerheat will be at the Henry Fonda Music Box on NYE) (Photo by Masterbeat X)
Vancouver: Magic – If you find yourself looking for flocks of shirtless boys further north, check out Magic. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding a cute frog prince to kiss here… (Photo by Big Roger Events)
Miami: Lady Gaga Live – The newly crowned queen of queer pop is currently on tour promoting her new album. While her Miami show isn’t a New Year’s celebration per se, you can be sure that the gays will be going gaga considering the overlap. What more stylish way to welcome in the new year? (Photo by ladygaga.com)
London: A1 @ G-A-Y – If Lady Gaga sounds a bit too hip and you’d prefer to party like it’s 1999, make your way to Heaven nightclub to witness the reunion of British boy band A1. You won’t be the first to believe that this event has all the makings of becoming a full fledged campfest. Confetti is a safe assumption.
San Francisco: Colossus – San Franciscans need little excuse to get wild. You’ll find all the city’s bars & clubs packed with partiers ringing in the new year with friends old and new. That being said, boys will be boys. The circuit party of the evening, Colossus, will bump until 8am on New Year’s Day. If a hot Latin party sounds like heaven, check out Club Papi at Space 550. (Photo by Gus Presents)
New Orleans: Bourbon Pub/Parade – Another city famous for embracing any opportunity to let loose is New Orleans. This year, Bourbon Pub/Parade plays host to a whole weekend of New Year’s parties. One ticket will get you into all the events–all we can say is good luck and play safe!. (Photo by Bourbon Pub)
Here’s some more parties that have come across our radar–find the city nearest you and go out with a bang!
Did we miss something? Let us know what your plans are for New Year’s, and help others make the most of ushering in a new decade…