- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Las Vegas Photos Los Angeles London Fire Island gay travel Marriage Equality New York City travel Pride Miami San Francisco Washington DC GayCities New York Theater Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago pride haus
Jan 27, 2012 by GayCities
If you don’t know what Gasparilla is, you’re certainly not alone. Dubbed the “pirate Mardi Gras,” the event attracts buccaneers from land and sea for a wild weekend of grog-fueled debauchery in Tampa, Florida. Mostly straight ones at that…
But fear not maties, because Gancho Weekend attacks the coast simultaneously. So if you’ve always thought you had a gay pirate fetish lurking beneath the surface, you may want to hop on a direct flight to Tampa.
If you’re looking for something a little less swashbuckling this weekend, head to the GayCities Event Guide and type in your city to get going!