- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago New York City gay travel Photos pride haus Pride San Francisco party haus London Miami Los Angeles Washington DC New York Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Theater Fire Island Marriage Equality travel GayCities
Jan 27, 2012
If you don’t know what Gasparilla is, you’re certainly not alone. Dubbed the “pirate Mardi Gras,” the event attracts buccaneers from land and sea for a wild weekend of grog-fueled debauchery in Tampa, Florida. Mostly straight ones at that…
But fear not maties, because Gancho Weekend attacks the coast simultaneously. So if you’ve always thought you had a gay pirate fetish lurking beneath the surface, you may want to hop on a direct flight to Tampa.
If you’re looking for something a little less swashbuckling this weekend, head to the GayCities Event Guide and type in your city to get going!