- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Las Vegas pride haus gay travel Miami Washington DC Los Angeles Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago travel Theater New York Photos Marriage Equality GayCities party haus London San Francisco Fire Island
Jan 27, 2012
If you don’t know what Gasparilla is, you’re certainly not alone. Dubbed the “pirate Mardi Gras,” the event attracts buccaneers from land and sea for a wild weekend of grog-fueled debauchery in Tampa, Florida. Mostly straight ones at that…
But fear not maties, because Gancho Weekend attacks the coast simultaneously. So if you’ve always thought you had a gay pirate fetish lurking beneath the surface, you may want to hop on a direct flight to Tampa.
If you’re looking for something a little less swashbuckling this weekend, head to the GayCities Event Guide and type in your city to get going!