- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Los Angeles GayCities Miami Fire Island San Francisco Photos gay travel Theater travel New York City Chicago New York London Washington DC pride haus party haus Pride
WATCH: Finland’s Shine 2009 Is The 21st Century’s Answer To The Pet Shop Boys
Jan 23, 2012
When our friend first played us “So Free,” a track by Finnish pop duo Shine 2009 from their 2011 album, Realism, we were certain it was actually The Pet Shop Boys, circa 1989.
Heck, they’ve even got a diva cameo—of course, it’s Paula Abdul and not Dusty Springfield.
But the band’s members, Sami Suova and Mikko Pykäri, hail from Helsinki, not merry old England. And Realism topped several critic’s Best Of list last month.
If this dreamy ditty doesn’t help scare away the Monday blahs, we’re not sure if we can help you.