- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Washington DC Las Vegas Theater London travel Pride New York City Photos Chicago GayCities benefit haus New York Miami Los Angeles Marriage Equality party haus
WATCH: Finland’s Shine 2009 Is The 21st Century’s Answer To The Pet Shop Boys
Jan 23, 2012
When our friend first played us “So Free,” a track by Finnish pop duo Shine 2009 from their 2011 album, Realism, we were certain it was actually The Pet Shop Boys, circa 1989.
Heck, they’ve even got a diva cameo—of course, it’s Paula Abdul and not Dusty Springfield.
But the band’s members, Sami Suova and Mikko Pykäri, hail from Helsinki, not merry old England. And Realism topped several critic’s Best Of list last month.
If this dreamy ditty doesn’t help scare away the Monday blahs, we’re not sure if we can help you.