- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon Chicago New York City Fire Island GayCities Pride Washington DC Los Angeles gay travel New York travel Marriage Equality San Francisco Miami Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Theater party haus pride haus Las Vegas
WATCH: Finland’s Shine 2009 Is The 21st Century’s Answer To The Pet Shop Boys
Jan 23, 2012
When our friend first played us “So Free,” a track by Finnish pop duo Shine 2009 from their 2011 album, Realism, we were certain it was actually The Pet Shop Boys, circa 1989.
Heck, they’ve even got a diva cameo—of course, it’s Paula Abdul and not Dusty Springfield.
But the band’s members, Sami Suova and Mikko Pykäri, hail from Helsinki, not merry old England. And Realism topped several critic’s Best Of list last month.
If this dreamy ditty doesn’t help scare away the Monday blahs, we’re not sure if we can help you.