- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Is Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Photos Miami Los Angeles Theater New York City Las Vegas travel Jeffrey James Keyes New York Marriage Equality Pride London Fire Island Chicago Washington DC San Francisco pride haus GayCities benefit haus
WATCH: Finland’s Shine 2009 Is The 21st Century’s Answer To The Pet Shop Boys
Jan 23, 2012
When our friend first played us “So Free,” a track by Finnish pop duo Shine 2009 from their 2011 album, Realism, we were certain it was actually The Pet Shop Boys, circa 1989.
Heck, they’ve even got a diva cameo—of course, it’s Paula Abdul and not Dusty Springfield.
But the band’s members, Sami Suova and Mikko Pykäri, hail from Helsinki, not merry old England. And Realism topped several critic’s Best Of list last month.
If this dreamy ditty doesn’t help scare away the Monday blahs, we’re not sure if we can help you.