- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- PHOTOS: Check Out The Winning Pride Photo In The GayCities Challenge
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Miami London travel New York City Los Angeles New York San Francisco party haus Las Vegas Theater Photos Chicago GayCities Fire Island benefit haus Washington DC pride haus Pride
NPH And Ellen Take Home Honors At The People’s Choice Awards, But Jane Lynch Steals The Show
Jan 12, 2012 by GayCities
Didn’t watch the People’s Choice Awards last night? Not to worry, you didn’t miss much—not even a Neil Patrick Harris opening number. The singing-and-dancing queen joked around with host Kaley Cuoco of Big Bang Theory about his addiction to hosting awards shows and doing musical numbers. “I’m in a 12-step program,” he deadpans. “But I’m only on step 5…6, 7, 8!”
Later in the night, NPH took home the award for Favorite TV Comedy Actor. He thanked the “the three people that are most in his life,” husband David Burtka and his two baby twins, Gideon and Harper.
Ellen DeGeneres won the Favorite Daytime TV Host, as she has done many a time before, beating out Anderson Cooper, Kelly Ripa, Rachael Ray, and Al Roker.
Better than any of the awards mumbo-jumbo, however, was a skit featuring Jane Lynch. In a brilliant turn as Seat Coordinator Eloise Dunk, she is asked whether she has a gut feeling about celebrity seating arrangements, she responds, sotto voce: “Lower than that. I feel it in my loins.”