- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Photos New York Los Angeles Theater New York City party haus Miami Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities Pride travel benefit haus Washington DC San Francisco pride haus Las Vegas Marriage Equality London
Ricky Martin And Johnny Weir Announce Plans For Marriage (Not To Each Other!)
Jan 02, 2012
Weir’s already officially tied the knot, on New Year’s Eve, to his Russian lawyer beau, Victor Voronov (right).
“I’m married!’ Weir tweeted on December 31. “Wedding in summer! But all the official stuff is done now!”
The 27-year-old Olympian announced his impending nuptials a few days earlier in an interview with IceNetwork.com: “I’m getting married on New Year’s Eve,” he gushed. “His name is Victor, he’s kind of everything that I’ve ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with. We’ve known each other for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it’s just been a whirlwind.”
Weir tweeted this morning that he and Voronov were on their way to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic—which segues nicely into the news of the other gay celeb union of 2012, that of Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin and boyfriend Carlos González Abella, which El Nuevo Dia reports will take place in New York City on January 28.
Martin’s publicist denies the engagement, but the “Vida Loca” singer has been seeing González Abella, a 34-year-old Puerto Rican businessman, for three years. The couple are raising twin sons, Matteo and Valentino.
Martin, who turned 40 on Christmas Eve, secured Spanish citizenship in November, fueling speculation that a marriage in Spain was imminent.