- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York San Francisco Marriage Equality Los Angeles Washington DC London Las Vegas Chicago party haus Photos travel Pride New York City gay travel GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Fire Island pride haus Theater
Ricky Martin And Johnny Weir Announce Plans For Marriage (Not To Each Other!)
Jan 02, 2012
Weir’s already officially tied the knot, on New Year’s Eve, to his Russian lawyer beau, Victor Voronov (right).
“I’m married!’ Weir tweeted on December 31. “Wedding in summer! But all the official stuff is done now!”
The 27-year-old Olympian announced his impending nuptials a few days earlier in an interview with IceNetwork.com: “I’m getting married on New Year’s Eve,” he gushed. “His name is Victor, he’s kind of everything that I’ve ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with. We’ve known each other for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it’s just been a whirlwind.”
Weir tweeted this morning that he and Voronov were on their way to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic—which segues nicely into the news of the other gay celeb union of 2012, that of Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin and boyfriend Carlos González Abella, which El Nuevo Dia reports will take place in New York City on January 28.
Martin’s publicist denies the engagement, but the “Vida Loca” singer has been seeing González Abella, a 34-year-old Puerto Rican businessman, for three years. The couple are raising twin sons, Matteo and Valentino.
Martin, who turned 40 on Christmas Eve, secured Spanish citizenship in November, fueling speculation that a marriage in Spain was imminent.