- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel GayCities Photos Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Marriage Equality benefit haus Pride pride haus Las Vegas London Theater San Francisco Los Angeles party haus Fire Island Miami Chicago New York Washington DC
Ricky Martin And Johnny Weir Announce Plans For Marriage (Not To Each Other!)
Jan 02, 2012
Weir’s already officially tied the knot, on New Year’s Eve, to his Russian lawyer beau, Victor Voronov (right).
“I’m married!’ Weir tweeted on December 31. “Wedding in summer! But all the official stuff is done now!”
The 27-year-old Olympian announced his impending nuptials a few days earlier in an interview with IceNetwork.com: “I’m getting married on New Year’s Eve,” he gushed. “His name is Victor, he’s kind of everything that I’ve ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with. We’ve known each other for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it’s just been a whirlwind.”
Weir tweeted this morning that he and Voronov were on their way to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic—which segues nicely into the news of the other gay celeb union of 2012, that of Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin and boyfriend Carlos González Abella, which El Nuevo Dia reports will take place in New York City on January 28.
Martin’s publicist denies the engagement, but the “Vida Loca” singer has been seeing González Abella, a 34-year-old Puerto Rican businessman, for three years. The couple are raising twin sons, Matteo and Valentino.
Martin, who turned 40 on Christmas Eve, secured Spanish citizenship in November, fueling speculation that a marriage in Spain was imminent.