- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
- PHOTOS: 12 Extraordinary Kisses To Remember Valentine’s Day
- Closeted Married Men, Gay Vets, And Tap-Dancing Lesbians: 10 Juicy Winter Reading Recommendations
- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus travel Pride Marriage Equality Miami GayCities pride haus San Francisco New York City party haus Fire Island Theater Las Vegas Washington DC Photos London New York
Ricky Martin And Johnny Weir Announce Plans For Marriage (Not To Each Other!)
Jan 02, 2012
Weir’s already officially tied the knot, on New Year’s Eve, to his Russian lawyer beau, Victor Voronov (right).
“I’m married!’ Weir tweeted on December 31. “Wedding in summer! But all the official stuff is done now!”
The 27-year-old Olympian announced his impending nuptials a few days earlier in an interview with IceNetwork.com: “I’m getting married on New Year’s Eve,” he gushed. “His name is Victor, he’s kind of everything that I’ve ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with. We’ve known each other for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it’s just been a whirlwind.”
Weir tweeted this morning that he and Voronov were on their way to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic—which segues nicely into the news of the other gay celeb union of 2012, that of Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin and boyfriend Carlos González Abella, which El Nuevo Dia reports will take place in New York City on January 28.
Martin’s publicist denies the engagement, but the “Vida Loca” singer has been seeing González Abella, a 34-year-old Puerto Rican businessman, for three years. The couple are raising twin sons, Matteo and Valentino.
Martin, who turned 40 on Christmas Eve, secured Spanish citizenship in November, fueling speculation that a marriage in Spain was imminent.