- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Photos Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Miami Marriage Equality GayCities New York Washington DC Los Angeles Chicago gay travel party haus London New York City travel pride haus Pride San Francisco
Beach Ballot: Vote For the World’s Best Sand & Sun City And Win A Vacation Package For Two!
Dec 31, 2011
The wait is over: The nominations are in for our sister site’s annual Best of GayCities poll, and this year the competition is fiercer than ever!
Today we showcase the sun-kissed nominees for the world’s best gay beach town: Aruba, Honolulu, Key West, Puerto Vallarta and Sydney.
Which shoreline paradise offers the best sunbathing, beaches, and bods?
This former Dutch colony in the Caribbean is always gay-welcoming and beach-ready yea-rround—temperatures vary little and rainfall’s a rarity. Eagle Beach is considered one of the Caribbean’s finest, and in-the-know visitors book rooms at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort and Bucuti Beach Resort.
Hawaii’s glorious capital (right) is about as close to Heaven as it gets in the United States, with Queen’s Surf the city’s gay beach of choice. Hotel favorites include the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and The Cabana at Waikiki.
Long the gayest spot on the beautiful Mexican Riviera, Puerto Vallarta (left) offers a tantalizing mix of sun, Speedos and serenity. Gay-popular accommodations include the Blue Chairs Resort and Casa Cupula, while the south end of Playa Los Muertos (with its infamous blue chairs) is the most lively local gay beach.
Australia’s biggest town is also a sun-lover’s nirvana, and the city’s phenomenal gay scene is a huge bonus. Stay at the stylish Kirketon Hotel, then hit world-famous Bondi Beach or Lady Jane Beach, a favorite with naturalists.
Now that you know who’s in the running, why delay? Vote now and you could be a winner too! One lucky GayCities member will nab two tickets to the U.S. city of their choice (courtesy of our friends at American Airlines) and two nights at a top-rated hotel (courtesy of GayCities).
You’ve got until January 4 to add your voice to the mix.
All winners will be announced on January 5. Anyone can vote but entrants must be GayCities members to qualify for vacation package.