- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
- PHOTOS: Atomic Bombshells Blow up the Stage
- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island New York London Washington DC GayCities Los Angeles pride haus travel party haus San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel Pride Chicago Marriage Equality Las Vegas New York City Photos Miami Theater
Beach Ballot: Vote For the World’s Best Sand & Sun City And Win A Vacation Package For Two!
Dec 31, 2011
The wait is over: The nominations are in for our sister site’s annual Best of GayCities poll, and this year the competition is fiercer than ever!
Today we showcase the sun-kissed nominees for the world’s best gay beach town: Aruba, Honolulu, Key West, Puerto Vallarta and Sydney.
Which shoreline paradise offers the best sunbathing, beaches, and bods?
This former Dutch colony in the Caribbean is always gay-welcoming and beach-ready yea-rround—temperatures vary little and rainfall’s a rarity. Eagle Beach is considered one of the Caribbean’s finest, and in-the-know visitors book rooms at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort and Bucuti Beach Resort.
Hawaii’s glorious capital (right) is about as close to Heaven as it gets in the United States, with Queen’s Surf the city’s gay beach of choice. Hotel favorites include the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and The Cabana at Waikiki.
Long the gayest spot on the beautiful Mexican Riviera, Puerto Vallarta (left) offers a tantalizing mix of sun, Speedos and serenity. Gay-popular accommodations include the Blue Chairs Resort and Casa Cupula, while the south end of Playa Los Muertos (with its infamous blue chairs) is the most lively local gay beach.
Australia’s biggest town is also a sun-lover’s nirvana, and the city’s phenomenal gay scene is a huge bonus. Stay at the stylish Kirketon Hotel, then hit world-famous Bondi Beach or Lady Jane Beach, a favorite with naturalists.
Now that you know who’s in the running, why delay? Vote now and you could be a winner too! One lucky GayCities member will nab two tickets to the U.S. city of their choice (courtesy of our friends at American Airlines) and two nights at a top-rated hotel (courtesy of GayCities).
You’ve got until January 4 to add your voice to the mix.
All winners will be announced on January 5. Anyone can vote but entrants must be GayCities members to qualify for vacation package.