- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus party haus Photos New York City New York San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Pride GayCities Fire Island travel London Los Angeles pride haus Chicago Marriage Equality Las Vegas Washington DC Miami
Beach Ballot: Vote For the World’s Best Sand & Sun City And Win A Vacation Package For Two!
Dec 31, 2011
The wait is over: The nominations are in for our sister site’s annual Best of GayCities poll, and this year the competition is fiercer than ever!
Today we showcase the sun-kissed nominees for the world’s best gay beach town: Aruba, Honolulu, Key West, Puerto Vallarta and Sydney.
Which shoreline paradise offers the best sunbathing, beaches, and bods?
This former Dutch colony in the Caribbean is always gay-welcoming and beach-ready yea-rround—temperatures vary little and rainfall’s a rarity. Eagle Beach is considered one of the Caribbean’s finest, and in-the-know visitors book rooms at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort and Bucuti Beach Resort.
Hawaii’s glorious capital (right) is about as close to Heaven as it gets in the United States, with Queen’s Surf the city’s gay beach of choice. Hotel favorites include the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and The Cabana at Waikiki.
Long the gayest spot on the beautiful Mexican Riviera, Puerto Vallarta (left) offers a tantalizing mix of sun, Speedos and serenity. Gay-popular accommodations include the Blue Chairs Resort and Casa Cupula, while the south end of Playa Los Muertos (with its infamous blue chairs) is the most lively local gay beach.
Australia’s biggest town is also a sun-lover’s nirvana, and the city’s phenomenal gay scene is a huge bonus. Stay at the stylish Kirketon Hotel, then hit world-famous Bondi Beach or Lady Jane Beach, a favorite with naturalists.
Now that you know who’s in the running, why delay? Vote now and you could be a winner too! One lucky GayCities member will nab two tickets to the U.S. city of their choice (courtesy of our friends at American Airlines) and two nights at a top-rated hotel (courtesy of GayCities).
You’ve got until January 4 to add your voice to the mix.
All winners will be announced on January 5. Anyone can vote but entrants must be GayCities members to qualify for vacation package.