- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco pride haus Chicago Las Vegas Washington DC gay travel New York City Los Angeles Theater Jeffrey James Keyes Photos Miami GayCities Fire Island New York Pride Marriage Equality party haus travel London
Beach Ballot: Vote For the World’s Best Sand & Sun City And Win A Vacation Package For Two!
Dec 31, 2011 by GayCities
The wait is over: The nominations are in for our sister site’s annual Best of GayCities poll, and this year the competition is fiercer than ever!
Today we showcase the sun-kissed nominees for the world’s best gay beach town: Aruba, Honolulu, Key West, Puerto Vallarta and Sydney.
Which shoreline paradise offers the best sunbathing, beaches, and bods?
This former Dutch colony in the Caribbean is always gay-welcoming and beach-ready yea-rround—temperatures vary little and rainfall’s a rarity. Eagle Beach is considered one of the Caribbean’s finest, and in-the-know visitors book rooms at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort and Bucuti Beach Resort.
Hawaii’s glorious capital (right) is about as close to Heaven as it gets in the United States, with Queen’s Surf the city’s gay beach of choice. Hotel favorites include the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and The Cabana at Waikiki.
Long the gayest spot on the beautiful Mexican Riviera, Puerto Vallarta (left) offers a tantalizing mix of sun, Speedos and serenity. Gay-popular accommodations include the Blue Chairs Resort and Casa Cupula, while the south end of Playa Los Muertos (with its infamous blue chairs) is the most lively local gay beach.
Australia’s biggest town is also a sun-lover’s nirvana, and the city’s phenomenal gay scene is a huge bonus. Stay at the stylish Kirketon Hotel, then hit world-famous Bondi Beach or Lady Jane Beach, a favorite with naturalists.
Now that you know who’s in the running, why delay? Vote now and you could be a winner too! One lucky GayCities member will nab two tickets to the U.S. city of their choice (courtesy of our friends at American Airlines) and two nights at a top-rated hotel (courtesy of GayCities).
You’ve got until January 4 to add your voice to the mix.
All winners will be announced on January 5. Anyone can vote but entrants must be GayCities members to qualify for vacation package.