- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco London Washington DC Miami Chicago Theater party haus benefit haus GayCities Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Photos Fire Island travel New York City Pride New York Las Vegas pride haus Los Angeles
Beach Ballot: Vote For the World’s Best Sand & Sun City And Win A Vacation Package For Two!
Dec 31, 2011
The wait is over: The nominations are in for our sister site’s annual Best of GayCities poll, and this year the competition is fiercer than ever!
Today we showcase the sun-kissed nominees for the world’s best gay beach town: Aruba, Honolulu, Key West, Puerto Vallarta and Sydney.
Which shoreline paradise offers the best sunbathing, beaches, and bods?
This former Dutch colony in the Caribbean is always gay-welcoming and beach-ready yea-rround—temperatures vary little and rainfall’s a rarity. Eagle Beach is considered one of the Caribbean’s finest, and in-the-know visitors book rooms at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort and Bucuti Beach Resort.
Hawaii’s glorious capital (right) is about as close to Heaven as it gets in the United States, with Queen’s Surf the city’s gay beach of choice. Hotel favorites include the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and The Cabana at Waikiki.
Long the gayest spot on the beautiful Mexican Riviera, Puerto Vallarta (left) offers a tantalizing mix of sun, Speedos and serenity. Gay-popular accommodations include the Blue Chairs Resort and Casa Cupula, while the south end of Playa Los Muertos (with its infamous blue chairs) is the most lively local gay beach.
Australia’s biggest town is also a sun-lover’s nirvana, and the city’s phenomenal gay scene is a huge bonus. Stay at the stylish Kirketon Hotel, then hit world-famous Bondi Beach or Lady Jane Beach, a favorite with naturalists.
Now that you know who’s in the running, why delay? Vote now and you could be a winner too! One lucky GayCities member will nab two tickets to the U.S. city of their choice (courtesy of our friends at American Airlines) and two nights at a top-rated hotel (courtesy of GayCities).
You’ve got until January 4 to add your voice to the mix.
All winners will be announced on January 5. Anyone can vote but entrants must be GayCities members to qualify for vacation package.