- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Is Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco Pride benefit haus Washington DC Marriage Equality New York New York City Miami London Los Angeles Photos Fire Island Theater GayCities party haus travel Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Chicago pride haus
Zimbabwe Gay Group’s Donation Of Pink Trash Cans Has People Seeing Red
Dec 19, 2011
Zimbabwe’s Sexual Rights Center found an interesting way to get their message of LGBT and women’s rights across in a country usually hostile to such issues—they donated trash cans painted bright pink and bearing the group’s logo to Bulawayo, the country’s second-largest city.
Mayor Patrick Thaba-Moyo applauded the program, saying gays are taxpayers (duh!) and can make whatever kinds of donations they like. He indicated the cans will be placed at strategic locations around town.
Bulawayo Residents Association Secretary General Samuel Moyo, however, said locals should have been consulted first. It’s been reported some residents who oppose the Center’s agenda are refusing to use the bins.
Yes, because indiscriminately throwing garbage on the ground is much more traditional and moral.
Image by ScarletPeaches