- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC New York City London pride haus Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Los Angeles Pride New York Fire Island travel San Francisco Theater Las Vegas gay travel Miami GayCities Chicago party haus
A Drag Race Christmas: Alisa Summers
Dec 23, 2011
Boy Name: Alex
Current Home: Tampa, FL.
Favorite Place on Earth: At home, relaxing with my dog.
Favorite Bar or Club: The Honey Pot in Ybor City. It’s my home bar—I’ve worked there since I started doing drag. They treat me well and the crowd there is like no other.
What is it about your drag persona that helped you make the cut? I like to think that I have my own edge. This was the third year I applied. The people at Logo remembered me and said they could tell I had grown a lot since auditioning for Season Three. I have a great energy and am very easy to get along with. I’m great at what I do, and they saw that!
Now that you are on the verge of stardom, where will finish your holiday shopping? I think I’ll shop at the same places—just buy much, much more!
Where will you be for New Year’s Eve? Performing at the Honey Pot. We always have fabulous New Year’s Eve parties so if you’re in the Tampa area, stop by!
Why will you win RuPaul’s Drag Race? I’m the full package, baby!
RuPaul’s Drag Race returns to Logo on January 30. Photo Credit: Mathu Andersen