- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Washington DC Miami gay travel London New York Photos GayCities party haus San Francisco travel Fire Island pride haus Chicago Los Angeles Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Las Vegas New York City
A Drag Race Christmas: Sharon Needles
Dec 20, 2011 by GayCities
Boy Name: Aaron Coady
Current City: Pittsburgh/ Transylvania
Favorite Place on Earth: Any dive bar with a happy hour ’til 9:00
Favorite Bar/Club and why:
The Blue Moon ’cause I can get away with murder.
What is it about your drag persona that helped you make the cut?
Sharon Needles is an approachable monster, an idiot savant, an educated dropout, neither a good witch nor bad witch—and all around pretty/ugly!
Now that you are on the verge of stardom, where will you finish your holiday shopping?
Designer dumpsters and Salvation Army
Where will you be for New Year’s Eve?
At the Blue Moon with all my best ghoul friends to celebrate the beginning of the end of the world!
Why will you win RuPaul’s Drag Race?
I am a collage of the beauty and the struggle of our drag foresisters. At the same time I’m herstory in the making. I am the future of drag!
RuPaul’s Drag Race returns to Logo on January 30
Photo Credit: Mathu Andersen