- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Marriage Equality Chicago Fire Island Theater San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles GayCities London Pride gay travel New York City Las Vegas party haus New York pride haus Washington DC Photos Miami
A Drag Race Christmas: Sharon Needles
Dec 20, 2011
Boy Name: Aaron Coady
Current City: Pittsburgh/ Transylvania
Favorite Place on Earth: Any dive bar with a happy hour ’til 9:00
Favorite Bar/Club and why:
The Blue Moon ’cause I can get away with murder.
What is it about your drag persona that helped you make the cut?
Sharon Needles is an approachable monster, an idiot savant, an educated dropout, neither a good witch nor bad witch—and all around pretty/ugly!
Now that you are on the verge of stardom, where will you finish your holiday shopping?
Designer dumpsters and Salvation Army
Where will you be for New Year’s Eve?
At the Blue Moon with all my best ghoul friends to celebrate the beginning of the end of the world!
Why will you win RuPaul’s Drag Race?
I am a collage of the beauty and the struggle of our drag foresisters. At the same time I’m herstory in the making. I am the future of drag!
RuPaul’s Drag Race returns to Logo on January 30
Photo Credit: Mathu Andersen