- Win An Incredible Vacation To San Francisco For Pride & Much More
- Dan Savage On How To Make A Crowd-Pleasing NSFW Video
- 10 Spring Reading Recommendations For All You Sexy Book Nerds
- Brent Everett’s Real-Life “Throuple” Relationship Inspired A Romance Novel
- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York pride haus Theater Chicago San Francisco Photos travel Fire Island London party haus Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Marriage Equality Los Angeles Miami benefit haus GayCities Washington DC New York City
Two Hot Homosexual Soccer Players Coming to America’s TV Screens?
Nov 29, 1999
One of the things we’ve been waiting for for a while in America is an openly gay active pro athlete. (Post-career de-closeting has been the norm so far.) Sweden got one when soccer player Anton Hysen came out this past March. Now it looks like Hysen might be coming to play for the United States. Over at On Top magazine, they’ve translated some Swedish sports magazine for the news:
According to Sportsbladet, Hysen has been approached by Major League Soccer (MLS) clubs the Sporting Kansas City and the Vancouver Whitecaps.
“I talked with them and it looks good, I can say,” Hysen said. “They are interested. It was a good talk and they have said what they want.”
The second hot homo is David Testo, midfielder for the Montreal Impact and MVP in 2009, who came out last month in the Canadian press. He and the rest of his team are in a bit of a limbo right now—the whole roster has been released as they prepare to move from the North American Soccer League into the expanding Major League Soccer. And the North Carolina-born 30-year-old tells MLSSoccer.com that he’s not sure if he’s going to retire before next season:
“I really don’t know my future in soccer right now. I haven’t personally closed the door on Montreal, but we’ll see what happens. If I were to go somewhere else, a lot of circumstances would have to be in place. I’m not just going to pick myself up and go to a city where I don’t know people, or if I don’t know the organization.
“I definitely know that I come with a little bit of baggage, and maybe a club is hesitant to pick me up now because of all this. But if that’s the case, then I don’t want to play for that organization anyway.”
Now we just have to make Americans pay some attention to soccer. Perhaps we in the gay media can engineer a plot to unite these two on a team and set them up on some dates. That’d get the some more gays to tune in, at least.