- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
- PHOTOS: 12 Extraordinary Kisses To Remember Valentine’s Day
- Closeted Married Men, Gay Vets, And Tap-Dancing Lesbians: 10 Juicy Winter Reading Recommendations
- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Las Vegas Theater Los Angeles Miami New York City pride haus travel benefit haus party haus Washington DC Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago London Fire Island GayCities San Francisco New York Pride
Two Hot Homosexual Soccer Players Coming to America’s TV Screens?
Nov 29, 1999
One of the things we’ve been waiting for for a while in America is an openly gay active pro athlete. (Post-career de-closeting has been the norm so far.) Sweden got one when soccer player Anton Hysen came out this past March. Now it looks like Hysen might be coming to play for the United States. Over at On Top magazine, they’ve translated some Swedish sports magazine for the news:
According to Sportsbladet, Hysen has been approached by Major League Soccer (MLS) clubs the Sporting Kansas City and the Vancouver Whitecaps.
“I talked with them and it looks good, I can say,” Hysen said. “They are interested. It was a good talk and they have said what they want.”
The second hot homo is David Testo, midfielder for the Montreal Impact and MVP in 2009, who came out last month in the Canadian press. He and the rest of his team are in a bit of a limbo right now—the whole roster has been released as they prepare to move from the North American Soccer League into the expanding Major League Soccer. And the North Carolina-born 30-year-old tells MLSSoccer.com that he’s not sure if he’s going to retire before next season:
“I really don’t know my future in soccer right now. I haven’t personally closed the door on Montreal, but we’ll see what happens. If I were to go somewhere else, a lot of circumstances would have to be in place. I’m not just going to pick myself up and go to a city where I don’t know people, or if I don’t know the organization.
“I definitely know that I come with a little bit of baggage, and maybe a club is hesitant to pick me up now because of all this. But if that’s the case, then I don’t want to play for that organization anyway.”
Now we just have to make Americans pay some attention to soccer. Perhaps we in the gay media can engineer a plot to unite these two on a team and set them up on some dates. That’d get the some more gays to tune in, at least.