- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
- PHOTOS: 12 Extraordinary Kisses To Remember Valentine’s Day
- Closeted Married Men, Gay Vets, And Tap-Dancing Lesbians: 10 Juicy Winter Reading Recommendations
- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Photos Pride pride haus Las Vegas Los Angeles Fire Island Miami GayCities party haus San Francisco New York Washington DC benefit haus Chicago London New York City Marriage Equality
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.