- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Boston Winner Davy D Puts On A Show-Stopping Performance
- 13 Most Wanted Men: Andy Warhol Created A Scandal At The 1964 World’s Fair
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Fort Lauderdale Winner Michael Has The Entire Package
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Dallas Winner Davidré Dead Drops To The Top
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Denver Winner David Serves A Sickening Stage Presence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island New York Chicago Washington DC GayCities Marriage Equality travel party haus London Theater Las Vegas Miami pride haus Pride San Francisco benefit haus Photos New York City
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011 by GayCities
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.