- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater London New York City travel Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Photos Chicago New York Fire Island party haus Pride GayCities Los Angeles Washington DC San Francisco pride haus benefit haus Las Vegas Marriage Equality
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.