- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Marriage Equality Miami GayCities New York travel Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago gay travel Pride San Francisco Washington DC party haus Photos Theater New York City London pride haus Fire Island
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.