- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago New York Jeffrey James Keyes London pride haus party haus Pride New York City Washington DC Fire Island Photos gay travel Marriage Equality Los Angeles Las Vegas San Francisco Theater travel GayCities Miami
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.