- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater New York London pride haus San Francisco Marriage Equality GayCities gay travel Chicago Los Angeles party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Pride Photos travel New York City Washington DC Miami Fire Island Las Vegas
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.