- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
- The Queens Fought Back And Won. Now The Stonewall Inn Wins Historic Landmark Designation
- Nick Adams, Laverne Cox, Bianca Del Rio Celebrate The Top Bottoms Of Broadway Bares
- Five Things We Love About New York Pride
- PHOTOS: Decades Of Pride In Amazing Images
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Nude Beaches, 2015 Edition
- Five Amazing Off The Beaten Path Prides To Check Out
- Eat Your Heart Out Mark Twain: San Francisco Is Set For Another Glorious Summer
- Five Things To Know About Ariana Grande Before Her NYC Pride Performance
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Gay Beaches 2015
- Ian Reisner’s Fire Island Business Suffers Aerial Assault
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Chicago party haus Fire Island New York City travel pride haus Marriage Equality Los Angeles Pride Photos New York Miami benefit haus San Francisco London Theater Las Vegas Washington DC GayCities
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.