- PHOTOS: LGBT Center Event Honors Women’s Right Activists And Politicians
- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
- PHOTOS: Atomic Bombshells Blow up the Stage
- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality party haus travel gay travel Fire Island New York London Photos Miami Pride pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco New York City Las Vegas Chicago Los Angeles Theater GayCities Washington DC
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.