- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Marriage Equality party haus Miami Las Vegas gay travel New York City Fire Island GayCities travel pride haus Theater London New York Los Angeles Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago San Francisco Pride
NOM Gets A Lobbyist And The GOP Gangs Up To Kill Gay Marriage In NH and NC
Dec 02, 2011 by GayCities
What’s wrong with states with two words in their name? They either rule royally (New York, hollerrr) or suck monkey balls, like New Hampshire and North Carolina right now. In both of those states, anti-gay politicians have begun to ramp up the drive to push an anti-gay agenda of disenfranchising gays of their God-given gay right to gay marriage.
Over in the Live Free or Die state, a tattered doucherag of a soul called Kevin Smith is aiming for the Republican governership nomination. Once he nabs the nom, he’d like to pilot the state towards repealing its same-sex marriage law. He’s even taking a little down time before the election to serve as an official National Organization for Marriage lobbyist. How cute! So, state that believes that people should be left alone to marry whoever they choose, please don’t elect this corporate crony hack, thanks.
Over in a state best known for being the first to crash a biplane on the Outerbanks, “a referendum committee formed by several anti-gay religious groups is among the latest official campaign organizations set up for an impending ballot initiative on an anti-LGBT state constitutional amendment banning marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships for same-sex couples,” according to Q Notes. Meh.
We don’t know which is shittier: the heart-wrenching repeal of gay marriage in a pioneer state, or a pre-emptive “no gay marriage here, queers” law. Both suck pretty hard.