- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Pride party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island San Francisco travel Las Vegas New York Photos Los Angeles New York City Theater GayCities pride haus gay travel Marriage Equality Washington DC Miami London
Bad Timing? Reality Series Moves Forward In Wake Of Devastating Fire Island Blaze
Nov 16, 2011
Even as East Coast gays are still reeling over the fire on Fire Island that destroyed portions of the Pines Pavilion Monday night, television producers are going head with plans to audition potential cast members this weekend for a new reality show set on the gay getaway.
Vinnie Potestivo Entertainment is currently casting The Fire Island Summer Project, a new reality series that will follow a group of young gay men, and the people who love them, living in a beach house in New York’s hottest summer destination, Fire Island. Come to the NYC casting call on November 19 or apply online by December 2.
Maybe they could’ve postponed it a few weeks while we all take time to grieve?
And, yes, despite last Monday night’s devastating fire in The Pines, the show will go on! “Fire Island business owners are giving us the cue that their businesses will be rebuilt by the start of the season,” says VPE President and casting director, Vinne Potestivo. “We are working with event organizers hand in hand as events revolving around raising funds for Fire Island Repair are being prepared. What better time to show a community pull together than now?”
Actually that’s got us thinking how amazing it would be to have a special edition of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition set in the Pines.
Feature image via David Shankbone