- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Las Vegas Marriage Equality party haus New York Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Pride GayCities Theater Fire Island gay travel Chicago San Francisco London travel Los Angeles pride haus Miami Photos
Bad Timing? Reality Series Moves Forward In Wake Of Devastating Fire Island Blaze
Nov 16, 2011
Even as East Coast gays are still reeling over the fire on Fire Island that destroyed portions of the Pines Pavilion Monday night, television producers are going head with plans to audition potential cast members this weekend for a new reality show set on the gay getaway.
Vinnie Potestivo Entertainment is currently casting The Fire Island Summer Project, a new reality series that will follow a group of young gay men, and the people who love them, living in a beach house in New York’s hottest summer destination, Fire Island. Come to the NYC casting call on November 19 or apply online by December 2.
Maybe they could’ve postponed it a few weeks while we all take time to grieve?
And, yes, despite last Monday night’s devastating fire in The Pines, the show will go on! “Fire Island business owners are giving us the cue that their businesses will be rebuilt by the start of the season,” says VPE President and casting director, Vinne Potestivo. “We are working with event organizers hand in hand as events revolving around raising funds for Fire Island Repair are being prepared. What better time to show a community pull together than now?”
Actually that’s got us thinking how amazing it would be to have a special edition of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition set in the Pines.
Feature image via David Shankbone