- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Theater London gay travel party haus pride haus Pride New York Fire Island San Francisco Las Vegas Chicago Photos Marriage Equality Miami travel Los Angeles GayCities New York City
PHOTOS: No It’s Not Carnival—It’s The Rio Gay Pride Parade!
Oct 11, 2011
On Sunday, Rio governor Sergio Cabral joined more than 700,000 people at the 16th annual Rio de Janeiro gay pride parade in Copacabana beach, where revelers enjoyed springlike weather, live music, colorful barely-there costumes, trio eletricos (motorized floats) and a spirit of community.
This year’s theme, “We Are All Equal Before the Peace,” is a play on “We Are All Equal Before the Law,” a phrase from the Brazilian constitution. Paradegoers carried signs and chanted slogans urging the government to enact stricter laws against anti-gay attacks and to approve same-sex marriage.
Click through to enjoy photos from this year’s celebration
Images via Gay Pride Brazil