- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Washington DC Fire Island Photos Miami San Francisco party haus GayCities pride haus Marriage Equality gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago travel Los Angeles Theater London Pride New York New York City
PHOTOS: No It’s Not Carnival—It’s The Rio Gay Pride Parade!
Oct 11, 2011
On Sunday, Rio governor Sergio Cabral joined more than 700,000 people at the 16th annual Rio de Janeiro gay pride parade in Copacabana beach, where revelers enjoyed springlike weather, live music, colorful barely-there costumes, trio eletricos (motorized floats) and a spirit of community.
This year’s theme, “We Are All Equal Before the Peace,” is a play on “We Are All Equal Before the Law,” a phrase from the Brazilian constitution. Paradegoers carried signs and chanted slogans urging the government to enact stricter laws against anti-gay attacks and to approve same-sex marriage.
Click through to enjoy photos from this year’s celebration
Images via Gay Pride Brazil