- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
- PHOTOS: Minimal Effort, Maximum Exposure Costumes
- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- 10 Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 UK Gay DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Marriage Equality Theater Las Vegas Chicago Miami travel San Francisco pride haus Pride Washington DC New York City Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel Fire Island party haus New York GayCities Los Angeles London
PHOTOS: No It’s Not Carnival—It’s The Rio Gay Pride Parade!
Oct 11, 2011 by GayCities
On Sunday, Rio governor Sergio Cabral joined more than 700,000 people at the 16th annual Rio de Janeiro gay pride parade in Copacabana beach, where revelers enjoyed springlike weather, live music, colorful barely-there costumes, trio eletricos (motorized floats) and a spirit of community.
This year’s theme, “We Are All Equal Before the Peace,” is a play on “We Are All Equal Before the Law,” a phrase from the Brazilian constitution. Paradegoers carried signs and chanted slogans urging the government to enact stricter laws against anti-gay attacks and to approve same-sex marriage.
Click through to enjoy photos from this year’s celebration
Images via Gay Pride Brazil