- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Washington DC Chicago benefit haus Photos Fire Island Theater Las Vegas San Francisco GayCities New York pride haus Los Angeles New York City travel Miami party haus Jeffrey James Keyes London Pride
Oz Adds Third Gender Option To Passports (Munchkins Still SOL)
Sep 15, 2011
The Australian government has given citizens another option for their passports when it comes to identifying their gender: male, female and indeterminate.
“This amendment makes life easier and significantly reduces the administrative burden for sex and gender diverse people who want a passport that reflects their gender and physical appearance,” stated Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd.
Neither sex-reassignment surgery nor an altered birth certificate is necessary to have an updated passport issued. Transgender citizens will, however, have to present supporting documentation from their doctor.
While the change was instituted to prevent discrimination against transgender and intersex passport holders, being called “indeterminate” sounds pretty patronizing, to say the least.
Baby steps, we guess.