- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus party haus GayCities Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Theater Fire Island London Los Angeles Pride travel Las Vegas Washington DC New York gay travel Photos San Francisco Marriage Equality New York City
PHOTOS: The Top Ten Gay Beaches in the World
Aug 16, 2011
Once popular with nudists, the recent opening of a luxury hotel has chased all but the bravest nudists away (NOTE: nudity is illegal in Costa Rica). Still it remains a popular gay beach, and some of the swimwear here leaves little for the imagination anyway. Cruising is at the north end, but beware police cracking down on nudity. Make sure you check the tides chart or you will be stranded there until low tide, maybe even in your birthday suit.
NEXT: Clifton 3rd in Cape Town