- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago San Francisco Marriage Equality Washington DC Pride travel New York City GayCities Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Miami Photos Theater New York Los Angeles Las Vegas London benefit haus pride haus
PHOTOS: The Top Ten Gay Beaches in the World
Aug 16, 2011 by Oscar Raymundo
Once popular with nudists, the recent opening of a luxury hotel has chased all but the bravest nudists away (NOTE: nudity is illegal in Costa Rica). Still it remains a popular gay beach, and some of the swimwear here leaves little for the imagination anyway. Cruising is at the north end, but beware police cracking down on nudity. Make sure you check the tides chart or you will be stranded there until low tide, maybe even in your birthday suit.
NEXT: Clifton 3rd in Cape Town