- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Photos Las Vegas Washington DC New York City Theater Fire Island travel party haus gay travel Pride Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Chicago London New York Los Angeles GayCities Miami San Francisco
PHOTOS: The Top Ten Gay Beaches in the World
Aug 16, 2011
Pride season came and went; the 4th of July fireworks show is but a haze; and Labor Day is just a couple of weeks away. Say it ain’t so. Can summer 2011 really be coming to a close?
Farmer’s tan be damned! There’s still time to rush to the nearest body of water, strip down to your skimpy swimsuit and soak up the sun. Let’s not forget catching some glimpses of shirtless hotties. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best beaches for us to mingle with our own and do some last-minute man-spotting.
And let us know if you have some sizzling suggestions to add to our list!
The words “Fire Island” have a certain connotation, and that connotation gets fully exploited at the Pines, especially during the summer. Fire Island Pines is home to the island’s biggest dance clubs, restaurants and shops. The beach is an extension of the area’s party mentality, and is packed with eye candy, particularly those guys you might recognize strolling down 8th Av back in Chelsea. Nudity is allowed on the shore as well but most guys prefer the fabulousness of a speedo.
NEXT: Playa Los Muertos in Puerto Vallarta