- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island travel Los Angeles Las Vegas Photos New York party haus Jeffrey James Keyes New York City GayCities San Francisco Theater Chicago pride haus Washington DC London Pride gay travel Miami Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: Fire Island Shares A Ferry Tale With Pines Party 2011
Aug 02, 2011
I hit Fire Island this weekend for Pines Party but didn’t know what I was getting myself into. The massive costume dance party, an annual affair, is also a massive fundraiser for the Stonewall Community Foundation and the Fire Island Pines Property Owners Association Charitable Foundation.
This year, “Once Upon A Pines Party” offered a fun fairy-tale theme and the whole weekend was a storybook affair: fair maiden Raja , the winner of this season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, made an appearance at wicked witch Logan Hardcore‘s show at the Blue Whale, DJ Lina Bradford played her infamous 7pm set at Sip N’ Twirl and Goldilocks Sherry Vine made a guest appearance at Porshe’s show at the Ice Palace. At the main event on Saturday night, DJs Joe Gauthreaux, Lina, and Horse Meat Disco lured many a handsome Hansel to lose his shirt on the makeshift dance floor on the beach.
But unlike Cinderella, the boys stayed at the Pines Party ball well past midnight—the fun ended around 6am, when the crowd made like the Little Mermaid and hit the surf. And they all lived happily ever after!
Photos by Jeffrey James Keyes
Rich Rodelo and Santo Adam
Pages: 1 2