- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel San Francisco Chicago Miami party haus GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles benefit haus New York New York City Theater Las Vegas Pride London Washington DC Fire Island Photos Marriage Equality pride haus
PHOTOS: Fire Island Shares A Ferry Tale With Pines Party 2011
Aug 02, 2011
I hit Fire Island this weekend for Pines Party but didn’t know what I was getting myself into. The massive costume dance party, an annual affair, is also a massive fundraiser for the Stonewall Community Foundation and the Fire Island Pines Property Owners Association Charitable Foundation.
This year, “Once Upon A Pines Party” offered a fun fairy-tale theme and the whole weekend was a storybook affair: fair maiden Raja , the winner of this season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, made an appearance at wicked witch Logan Hardcore‘s show at the Blue Whale, DJ Lina Bradford played her infamous 7pm set at Sip N’ Twirl and Goldilocks Sherry Vine made a guest appearance at Porshe’s show at the Ice Palace. At the main event on Saturday night, DJs Joe Gauthreaux, Lina, and Horse Meat Disco lured many a handsome Hansel to lose his shirt on the makeshift dance floor on the beach.
But unlike Cinderella, the boys stayed at the Pines Party ball well past midnight—the fun ended around 6am, when the crowd made like the Little Mermaid and hit the surf. And they all lived happily ever after!
Photos by Jeffrey James Keyes
Rich Rodelo and Santo Adam
Pages: 1 2