- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Theater London pride haus San Francisco travel Washington DC Pride Fire Island GayCities party haus Marriage Equality gay travel Photos New York Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas New York City Miami
PHOTOS: Fire Island Shares A Ferry Tale With Pines Party 2011
Aug 02, 2011
I hit Fire Island this weekend for Pines Party but didn’t know what I was getting myself into. The massive costume dance party, an annual affair, is also a massive fundraiser for the Stonewall Community Foundation and the Fire Island Pines Property Owners Association Charitable Foundation.
This year, “Once Upon A Pines Party” offered a fun fairy-tale theme and the whole weekend was a storybook affair: fair maiden Raja , the winner of this season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, made an appearance at wicked witch Logan Hardcore‘s show at the Blue Whale, DJ Lina Bradford played her infamous 7pm set at Sip N’ Twirl and Goldilocks Sherry Vine made a guest appearance at Porshe’s show at the Ice Palace. At the main event on Saturday night, DJs Joe Gauthreaux, Lina, and Horse Meat Disco lured many a handsome Hansel to lose his shirt on the makeshift dance floor on the beach.
But unlike Cinderella, the boys stayed at the Pines Party ball well past midnight—the fun ended around 6am, when the crowd made like the Little Mermaid and hit the surf. And they all lived happily ever after!
Photos by Jeffrey James Keyes
Rich Rodelo and Santo Adam
Pages: 1 2