- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Pride Theater New York Chicago pride haus San Francisco travel Washington DC Photos Las Vegas Miami Fire Island gay travel New York City Los Angeles party haus GayCities London Jeffrey James Keyes
What pride means to me: Justin Rudd
Jun 09, 2008
Who is Justin Rudd?
Justin Rudd has lived in Long Beach for 12 years and runs a nonprofit he started that focuses on issues related to youth, animals and the environment. He puts out a gay and lesbian-themed e-newsletter each Thurs. to more than 3,000 Long Beach-area subscribers. His Web site is www.JustinRudd.com.
What does pride mean to you?
Pride is a time to reflect on who we are and what we are about. It’s a time to celebrate.
What did you do for pride this year? (Long Beach Pride took place in May)
I enjoyed the Long Beach Pride celebration by attending a few pre-parties, walked as grand marshal in the parade, and attended the festival.