- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas party haus GayCities Theater Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC Marriage Equality Photos New York City pride haus Miami travel Fire Island London New York benefit haus Pride Los Angeles San Francisco
What pride means to me: Justin Rudd
Jun 09, 2008 by Scott Gatz
Who is Justin Rudd?
Justin Rudd has lived in Long Beach for 12 years and runs a nonprofit he started that focuses on issues related to youth, animals and the environment. He puts out a gay and lesbian-themed e-newsletter each Thurs. to more than 3,000 Long Beach-area subscribers. His Web site is www.JustinRudd.com.
What does pride mean to you?
Pride is a time to reflect on who we are and what we are about. It’s a time to celebrate.
What did you do for pride this year? (Long Beach Pride took place in May)
I enjoyed the Long Beach Pride celebration by attending a few pre-parties, walked as grand marshal in the parade, and attended the festival.