- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities London New York Miami pride haus Theater Fire Island Las Vegas Marriage Equality travel Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC party haus Los Angeles Pride benefit haus New York City Photos San Francisco Chicago
Our Wedding Guide: Queers Invade the Chapel, Part II
Jul 21, 2011
The New York State Assembly passed an historic same-sex marriage amendment last month (right before Pride weekend, no less!), paving the way for gays and lesbians to legally wed as early as this Sunday, July 24. Whether you’re going to race down to City Hall or sashay through Saint Patrick’s Cathedral (kidding!), we’ve got you covered with a multi-part guide to LGBT weddings in the Big Apple. Now you just have to pop the question!
- New York Wedding Guide, Part I: Accommodations
- New York Wedding Guide, Part III: Rehearsal Dinner & Receptions
Stag and hen nights pose some unique challenges for gay and lesbian couples, since they’re usually divided by gender and we’re more likely to share the same circle of friends than a straight twosome. Do you make your pals shell out for two wild nights or double-up and have a joint affair? (Which, honestly, kind of sounds like smushing together Christmas and your birthday.) However you do it, a bachelor/bachelorette bash is your last official night to be carefree and single, so make the most of it! We’ve got some great suggestions for that last hurrah—or just another chance to paint the town lavender.
Come back tomorrow for brilliant ideas on where to have your rehearsal dinner!