- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes Theater Marriage Equality Washington DC Fire Island travel Los Angeles Miami party haus Pride New York City Las Vegas London New York Photos GayCities benefit haus pride haus
Our Wedding Guide: Queers Invade the Chapel, Part II
Jul 21, 2011
The New York State Assembly passed an historic same-sex marriage amendment last month (right before Pride weekend, no less!), paving the way for gays and lesbians to legally wed as early as this Sunday, July 24. Whether you’re going to race down to City Hall or sashay through Saint Patrick’s Cathedral (kidding!), we’ve got you covered with a multi-part guide to LGBT weddings in the Big Apple. Now you just have to pop the question!
- New York Wedding Guide, Part I: Accommodations
- New York Wedding Guide, Part III: Rehearsal Dinner & Receptions
Stag and hen nights pose some unique challenges for gay and lesbian couples, since they’re usually divided by gender and we’re more likely to share the same circle of friends than a straight twosome. Do you make your pals shell out for two wild nights or double-up and have a joint affair? (Which, honestly, kind of sounds like smushing together Christmas and your birthday.) However you do it, a bachelor/bachelorette bash is your last official night to be carefree and single, so make the most of it! We’ve got some great suggestions for that last hurrah—or just another chance to paint the town lavender.
Come back tomorrow for brilliant ideas on where to have your rehearsal dinner!