- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Fire Island Pride New York City Photos New York travel party haus Las Vegas Washington DC gay travel Theater GayCities San Francisco Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Miami London pride haus Chicago
MILK: Sean Penn & Emile Hirsch
Jan 30, 2008
While we know we are a gay travel blog, we continue to be amazed at the transformation of San Francisco’s Castro District for the filming of Gus Vant Sant’s MILK. The crew has now taken over two whole blocks of the Castro and fills the streets with over 50 period cars.
We caught a glimpse of filming today in a scene with Sean Penn (as Milk) and Emile Hirsch (as gay activist Cleve Jones). The street was filled with costumed extras and huge crowds trying to get a peek at the action.
Sean Penn (his back) & Emile Hirsch rehearse their scene