- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon gay travel Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes New York Las Vegas Chicago pride haus Fire Island Theater travel New York City Marriage Equality Washington DC party haus Pride Miami GayCities San Francisco Photos
MILK: Sean Penn & Emile Hirsch
Jan 30, 2008
While we know we are a gay travel blog, we continue to be amazed at the transformation of San Francisco’s Castro District for the filming of Gus Vant Sant’s MILK. The crew has now taken over two whole blocks of the Castro and fills the streets with over 50 period cars.
We caught a glimpse of filming today in a scene with Sean Penn (as Milk) and Emile Hirsch (as gay activist Cleve Jones). The street was filled with costumed extras and huge crowds trying to get a peek at the action.
Sean Penn (his back) & Emile Hirsch rehearse their scene