- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Miami travel pride haus London GayCities Fire Island Theater Washington DC New York party haus Marriage Equality Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Chicago Photos benefit haus Pride New York City
MILK: Sean Penn & Emile Hirsch
Jan 30, 2008
While we know we are a gay travel blog, we continue to be amazed at the transformation of San Francisco’s Castro District for the filming of Gus Vant Sant’s MILK. The crew has now taken over two whole blocks of the Castro and fills the streets with over 50 period cars.
We caught a glimpse of filming today in a scene with Sean Penn (as Milk) and Emile Hirsch (as gay activist Cleve Jones). The street was filled with costumed extras and huge crowds trying to get a peek at the action.
Sean Penn (his back) & Emile Hirsch rehearse their scene