- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago San Francisco Miami Washington DC gay travel Los Angeles New York New York City Fire Island Photos Las Vegas travel London Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality pride haus Pride Theater party haus GayCities
Fire Island bartenders bare the heat
Apr 26, 2011
Gawker’s Brian Moylan took a camera inside Bar-Tini in New York‘s Hell Kitchen to find the hottest, most oily gay men in the world for their chance to wear nothing but a mankini all summer while bartending at the Fire Island Pines. The managers of the summer gay getaway were there holding bartender auditions for the upcoming season at the Pines.
As the video shows, being able to swing out drinks out faster than you can say “one-night-stand” is not the only requirement. You also need “a decent body,” as one of the Pines managers modestly put it. And if you look like Ryan Phillippe (?) or Mario Lopez (???), then you might just have a little advantage.
Also, aspiring Pines bartenders, you can be as slutty as you want – just as long as you can make 19 drinks in under one minute.
Photo courtesy of Gawker