- Keith Haring’s greatest masterpiece is hidden in an old men’s bathroom in NYC
- Bikers pedal across the globe in their birthday suits for the 13th annual World Naked Bike Ride
- Pizza, martinis and puppies: the insider’s guide to Chicago’s International Mr. Leather
- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City gay travel Theater Chicago pride haus Las Vegas Marriage Equality Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles Photos GayCities London San Francisco Pride Washington DC travel Miami party haus New York
(Pics) Party on at Rockit Fridays
Apr 21, 2011
The line outside Rockit at District 36 was was down the block. Inside, boys were dancing to DJ Corey Craig‘s beats as they sipped on free Absolut Wild Tea. The main floor got crazy early so my group ventured to the mezzanine for more dancing space. “Looks like New York got her groove back,” I joked to one of my friends.
I was upstairs in the VIP lounge when the lights flickered and Amanda Lepore took to the catwalk to introduce the UnderGear Evolution fashion show. The cocktail waitress came over with a flaming bottle of vodka and the crowd below went wild. My jaw dropped when I caught some of my favorite male models like Ben Pamies, Christopher Fawcett, and the drop dead gorgeous James Guardino as they strutted their stuff in new undergarments.
After the show DJ Corey Craig kicked it up a few notches. I went over and gave him a thumbs up and he leaned over and said, “Baby, I’m just getting started.” Sure enough, the cocktail waitress brought over another bottle of vodka with a huge firecracker in it as a remix of Robyn’s Dancing On My Own blared. I looked around and took in the dance floor. I caught a glimpse of Ebonee Excell in the stairwell and listened to Kim Sozzi rock it out before my boyfriend and I hailed a cab and headed home.
Slide show courtesy Jeffrey James Keyes & SPI Marketing