- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus San Francisco London Los Angeles Las Vegas Miami party haus Fire Island Chicago GayCities Pride Theater Marriage Equality Washington DC travel New York Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Photos New York City
Wainwright opera premieres in England
Jul 14, 2009 by Dan Tracer
Rufus Wainwright’s Prima Donna opened Friday at Manchester‘s Palace Theater as part of the British city’s International Festival. Critics have not been particularly kind to the gay star’s first opera, performed in French no less. While crediting the performance’s “inspired touches,” The New York Times declared that The Diva Has Issues. Prefer to judge for yourself? In the last part of the BBC‘s recent documentary on Wainwright, you’ll see glimpses of the production’s rehearsals, as well as interviews and live performances from Wainwright himself. At any rate, surely it’s worth the trip to check out the extravaganza and hang out before and after in the thriving Manchester gay scene, centered on Canal Street.