- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Pride Photos travel GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Miami Fire Island benefit haus Chicago San Francisco pride haus Washington DC Marriage Equality New York City New York London Las Vegas Los Angeles
Sydney Mardi Gras in Pictures
Mar 09, 2011
The theme for Sydney’s Mardi Gras celebration this year was “Say Something,” but after catching a glimpse at these photos, we were mostly speechless. New South Wales Labor Minister Verity Firth was in attendance and reminded the crowd that, “The first Mardi Gras in 1978 was about the struggle for equality.” Openly gay actress Lily Tomlin, Wizard of Oz drag queens, lesbians in roller blades and of course, shirtless hunks joined in to march in the parade, which took place on March 6.