- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Pride Theater Marriage Equality travel Photos party haus Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel Los Angeles Chicago Miami San Francisco New York City Fire Island New York London GayCities pride haus
Sydney Mardi Gras in Pictures
Mar 09, 2011
The theme for Sydney’s Mardi Gras celebration this year was “Say Something,” but after catching a glimpse at these photos, we were mostly speechless. New South Wales Labor Minister Verity Firth was in attendance and reminded the crowd that, “The first Mardi Gras in 1978 was about the struggle for equality.” Openly gay actress Lily Tomlin, Wizard of Oz drag queens, lesbians in roller blades and of course, shirtless hunks joined in to march in the parade, which took place on March 6.