Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
GayCities Photo Challenge: RulesBy submitting one or more photographs to the GayCities Photo Contest, you agree to the following rules and terms:
- Your photograph may not be modified in any way through analog or digital means.
- Your photograph may portray any subject related to the "GayCities Photo Contest".
- You must submit your photograph as a digital file no smaller than 341 x 227 pixels. GayCities must be able to read your digital file. In general, we can read GIF, JPEG and PNG files.
- Entering the contest is free of charge and no purchase is necessary.
- You may submit any number of photographs up to 100 for each contest, but you may not submit the same photograph more than once per contest.
- Submissions may be must be received by 11:59 PM PST on the contest closing date stated on the contest page.
- Any submission can be disqualified if it EITHER subjects the submitter or the GayCities to legal jeopardy or compromises GayCities's intellectual property or trade secret interests. This includes words or imagery:
- That are sexually charged or suggestive,
- That depict acts of violence or cruelty,
- That attack or disparage or present in a false light ANY individual or group of people as such,
- That are otherwise vile, nasty or otherwise uncivil,
- That make false performance claims about GayCities products and technologies, or
- That use the likeness, words or other intellectual property of a celebrity (for example, a movie star or rock star) without appropriate permission to do so.
- That contain full or partial nudity, Nudity is defined as the full or partial exposure of the torso below the waist for all models, and above the waist for female models.
- That constitutes an invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark infringement, or other inappropriate content.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Employees of GayCities, its affiliates and sponsors, and contest judges and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the contest but are welcome to submit photos as they please.
Rights & Permissions
- By entering the contest you warrant and represent to GayCities that you own the copyright to your photograph(s) and that you have obtained all required permissions from all persons, the parents or legal guardians of minors, and the owners of all private property and trademarks appearing in the photograph to take the photograph and grant to GayCities the rights herein granted.
- Any submission that prompts a legal challenge for any cause will be disqualified. Any physical or monetary prize awarded in connection with such a submission must be returned to GayCities at your expense.
- You grant to GayCities the nonexclusive right to: (1) store and display the photograph indefinitely on its web site and any associated web sites, (2) use the photograph indefinitely, and in any way or medium, to promote GayCities and any associated web sites or businesses, and (3) display your usename, name, city, state, and country of residence along with the photograph.
- You retain ownership of copyright and all rights not herein granted to GayCities.
- Any participating member can win only one contest in a given calendar year
- Previous year's winners of a contest cannot win the grand prize of a future year's similar contest (e.g. last year's winner of the Pride Challenge cannot win the grant prize in a future year's pride challenge
- Prize winners are responsible for all applicable shipping charges, duties, and taxes (state and federal).
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes will be specified on GayCities' website and will change with each contest.
- GayCities and its sponsors hereby disclaim all warranties for prizes and the winner will accept the price "as is". Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. GAYCITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING ALL PRIZES AND THE CONTEST, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Electronic Mail Messages
- You agree to receive electronic mail messages from GayCities, which may consist of transactional/relationship and/or commercial electronic mail messages, as defined in the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. Pursuant to that act, you may request not to receive further commercial electronic mail messages from us by following the "unsubscribe" instructions included in such messages. However, you explicitly waive any rights you may have to seek actual or statutory damages for the receipt of such messages, whether authorized in the CAN-SPAM Act or under any other federal, state, or local law.
- You warrant that your submission complies with these rules and terms. Any submission that, in GayCities sole discretion violates any rule or term will be disqualified. Any physical or monetary prize awarded in connection with such a submission must be returned to GayCities at your expense.
- You warrant that your name and contact information, as provided by you in the entry form, are accurate and complete; and that this competition, and your participation therein, are legal in any and all jurisdictions to which you are subject.
- GayCities provides this web site and all associated services without warranty of any kind. You are responsible for ensuring that your entry is properly submitted.
Limitation of Liability
- GayCities, its sponsors and judges are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries; or entries that are lost due to computer, Internet, or electronic malfunction. GayCities reserves the right to cancel or modify contest and award the prize through an alternate means if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the contest, as determined by GayCities in its sole discretion. Entrants agree that GayCities, its sponsors, its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation any injury, losses, damages or costs of any kind resulting from any travel and/or accommodations provided by any sponsor or in connection with any prize. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold GayCities and their owners, managers, employees, agents and affiliates harmless against any claims, damages or liability arising from your use of this web site, your participation in the photo contest, or your compliance with or breach of these terms, including, but not limited to all claims for copyright infringement; model, property, or trademark infringement; or any other cause related to your submission, including but not limited to actual damages, statutory damages, punitive damages, and attorneys' fees and costs.
User Submitted Content
For the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than December 31, 2011 to: "GayCities Photo Contest", 584 Castro Street #623, San Francisco, CA 94114. Do not send entries or other correspondence to this address.
- This contest will have different sponsors from time to time. This contest is currently sponsored by JetBlue.
Reservation of Rights
- GayCities reserves the right to change these rules and terms, or to discontinue the photo contest, at any time and without notice.