Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
Want advice? Add a question
I will be in Australia from March 3-10. I have several questions: 1) Any recommendations on where to stay in Sydney? Hotels, B&B, etc? 2) Should I spend all of my week in Sydney or are there other places I should visit such as Cairns/Barrier Reef? Is there enough time to to this in a week? 3) Any potential dangerous areas that should be avoided in Sydney? Any other recommendations and/or suggestions would be appreciated. My first time here, so I want to make the most of my visit. Thank you.
6 answers to this question
I wouldn't try to include Cairns in a 7 day trip - you'll spend much of the first week getting over the jet lag. If you're in Sydney for Mardi Gras there's enough going on in the city anyway - see www.mardigras.org.au Oxford Street is where most of the gay bars are but it's not a very pleasant area to stay in (IMHO). The Sydney Gaybourhood is Potts Point which has a number of hotels from backpackers to boutique and many gay owned restaurants, bars and shops.
My Gay travel agent booked me into the Cambridge Hotel. He says that it's in a Gay neighborhood. He should know since he was born there. I will be on the Atlantis cruise through NewZealand and Australia. We arrive in Sydney just in time for the Mardi Grad (March 2-7). David "special bottom" Long Beach, Caifornia, USA
I have a cousin who works at the meriton serviced apartments he is the duty manager, him and his partner are going to the mardi gra, it's in Sydney's busy city I guess you can give them a call at the front desk and see how much it will cost you and if they have any van can't rooms available for the time you are in Aussie good luck and hope you enjoy yourself in Aussie
Memphis!!!! Make sure to hit the club in Berlin --- the beaches of Koh Samui Thailand
If you can go to Germany down around Munich there is a lot to see there. Then go to Switzerland its beautiful there. I was stationed in Germany and was lucky enough to visit Berlin when the wall was up. Visited Switzerland in October and there was snow on the mountains and flowers still in bloom. Have a great trip enjoy. lee
I really dont know what to tell you considering you can technically go anywhere! I envy you hope you enjoy your trip and i wish you the best of luck!
Newest Sydney Questions
- I will visit Sydney March 2-10, 2014. What tours of the city do you recommend for someone who is interested in getting great photo's, tasting great local foods.
- Hey I'm turnin 19 in June so im am 18 now.. I'm a flight attendant so gonna use my free tickets to fly to sydney was wondering what's the age restrictions for clubs drinking.. etc.. cheers hope to meet some people.. xx
- I will be in Sydney from March 2-7. I have seen many Australian ads for great (and sexy) clothes. I am wondering which stores would be best for shopping. I will be staying at the Cambridge Hotel, 212 Riley St., Surry Hills, Sydney. David "special bottom" Long Beach, California, USA
- Ok, so our flights to Sydney are booked. Now I need to figure out what we'll do in Australia. I've dreamed of this trip forever, now I need to come up with an itinerary. We're there for 13 days, so suggestions are very welcome. We'll be there from Jan 30-Feb 13th
- Where do they have great hair salons for doing different hair styles?